a long time since astral travel

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
GregoryLionborn

a long time since astral travel

Post by GregoryLionborn »

I don't have extensive experience with it, but I did successfully begin learning and actually astral projecting a while ago. I'm looking to get back to it, but it's been a while. Are there any ways I can set up things to help anchor and steady myself for it? Last time I was able to pretty much go fine with just basic will and your 'normal' sort of routine. I just like being safe, and have things go smooth. :)
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: a long time since astral travel

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just wanting to go, and having someplace in mind to go to, generally works for me. I use suggestion once I'm sitting down in meditation, or laying down before sleep, and focuss on my destination. I don't give a thought to exiting my body, just to arriving someplace else. The "fuzzier" I am the better, meaning im thinking of very few details or special conditions.

The only problems I've had have been when other people in the house interrupted, or a cat jumped on my stomach (ye gads!) startling me into crash landing. Any landing you walk away from is a good one :)
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Ground your energy. Let old energy move out. Draw fresh energy in. Make sure you are centered. Relax and listen for the "music of the spheres". Get a sense of where you wish to go. With a bit of thought you should be heading where you want to go.
GregoryLionborn

Post by GregoryLionborn »

Ahhhh, I see. That makes sense. So basically the general idea would be to get calm and focused, and then get back into it? Sounds like a plan! Never hurts to see if there's any thoughts on 'warming up' as it were! :)
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

One technique I enjoy is to make a contract with your Self. Write out on paper the point and purpose of your projection, and include that you will return safely to your body and normal consciousness afterwards, then sign it. Then begin the meditation and projection.

It will alleviate most of the worries involved :)

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”