New to the astral side and having problems

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
RyukaAscendant

New to the astral side and having problems

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So I'm still fairly new to astral work. I have a pretty easy time putting myself into a trance like state because I've been doing meditation off an on for 10 years. As I've been starting down this recently I'm not certain if I'm actually projecting or not. I can envision places I've been in this state but I'm not sure if I'm just relying on past memories and imagination or actually doing it.

Additionally I've been experiencing dizziness with a bit of looking down at my body type phenomenon at random times. Why is this happening?
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: New to the astral side and having problems

Post by SpiritTalker »

I can't say for sure, but I've had effects like bobbing on a string...which I assumed to be the silver cord that connects us to the body. The dizziness I think is from the astral body phasing in and out of alignment with the physical body. When it happens to me, I accept it as a sign of metaphorically loosening the latches on the window before exiting. I think we cause it by focusing on being "out" and then looking to see if we are yet. We create a yo-yo effect by shifting our focus between "doing" and wondering if we did.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I haven't had that feeling of bobbing so much. And I'd like to take advantage of these moments, however they happen randomly. But even when I enter a trance I can seem to escape my head. I don't know if that's a misconception of astral travel that you have to or maybe it's something like remote viewing of the astral.

I guess if like to know is there any sensation I should look for to know when I have actually left my body.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

From what I've read an experienced, you'd know. It sounds like you're just mental projecting, which is not astral projection.

Mental projecting can include remote viewing, where astral projection is when you move in to another body and experience that on a different plane of existence.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, when I'm completely out, I'm not thinking of sensations, although I do have visual swooping, flying associated senses. Mostly I'm just my awareness, and no body...you know, OUT-of-body.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So do you have any advice on how to actually let go to get outside my head?

sillyoldman

Post by sillyoldman »

I sense doubt in your ability to do this.Instead of I think I can you must learn to let yourself go.An I CAN DO THIS is where you want to be.Your trying to see if you are is tying you to your body and showing doubt on your part.Relax and go with it,you will know when it is achieved.
just a silly old man who knows nothing and has everything to learn.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

There is certainly some doubt, most of that is because I am uncertain of what I am doing. I am not used to stepping outside of myself. Or how to do it safely.

planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

You can do it as safely as possible and know if your really doing it. You can get as serious as you want to for protection from any entity that has the least possibility of interference . Draw circle of protect, use wards, cleanse your house with sage and sea salt at the openings, make sure you've been eating right, had enough sleep & just be as sure as you can be that you feel your prepared and your living space is safe. When you were a baby and first learning to walk you didn't run a race. You took a few steps. This is the same thing. Been there, done that and they don't hand out a T-shirt. Of course your unsure. This is totally new to you. Anybody tells you they do anything like this without at least a little fear is lying [or very misinformed]. You don't want abject paranoia but a little good healthy fear is a way to stay on your toes. I've been doing something very much like what your trying for 27 years [there is a different time component] and the minute I lose that fear is the minute something bites me in the behind big time. There are bold users of the Arts. There old users of the Arts. There are no old, bold users of the Arts! As to knowing if you have done it - Get 4 anything small and of 4 different colors and exactly the same other wise. I like dice. They don't roll away. They are cheap and easy to get. You can get them at the same time with the only difference being the color. That and a cup or glass and you have your experimental equipment. In one room in the house put a die from the cup. Don't look at it because if you do your just cheating yourself. Put it on anything flat. You now go to where ever you are going to and obtain the position you want to settle in. I like to lay down. You are now ready to project. You are in an environment that you know well and are comfortable in. You have made it as safe as possible. "Project" to the other room and "see" what color the die is. Go for color at first. You don't have to get as close to "see" it. When your practiced at that and want to get fancy, you read the number facing up. It worked for me. I hope you have wonderful journeying.
Last edited by Xiao Rong on Sun May 21, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from swearing in this forum. Thanks.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

When I was learning to do remote viewing, I used local area map coordinates as targets. I could drive to the location at the end of the learning period to check my level of success, if any. Now we've got Google Earth, Moon & Mars. Soo-o much to choose from!

Make up a list of 5 different locations by numerical coordinates. Visit each one with your eyes only, a.k.a. OOB, and make lots of notes. Then after visiting all 5, google the targets and view from as many angles as you need.

Sooner or later you'll recognize the right feeling for the hits, and be able to move about with some confidence. Remote viewing isn't the same as astral travel, (details, details) but who cares? If it works, it works.

I believe that when I do travel OOB that my guide always accompanies me. I'm not proficient at it, but have done enough that it is not scary or disruptive. And as a kid I loved flying OOB. As an adult you'd have to drag me kicking and biting onto an airplane. Go figure.

The only "tip" I can think of is mule headed stubborn desire to get out there, and the fun of "what if...?". :mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Spirit, I'll take you parachuting/sailing anytime. I love it. Of course a lot of people have told me I'm a raving looney.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

PLaneWalker, I suspect I'd disintegrate in re-entry, ahhh, but what a way to go.
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

You have no idea. You feel like your flying above all the worlds troubles. Besides, if both your chutes don't open they gladly give you new ones.
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

It helps to have a physical Portal for projecting and/or bi-locating. Almost every ancient peoples constructed a "henge" or ritual circle or a " (T) shaped doorway to nowhere" for such purposes. Our Star Gate program uses an obsidian disc. Raven Grimassi addresses this in his book "The Wiccan Mysteries" appendix one and two ("The Elemental Doorways" and "The Astral Temple".
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
planewalker
Banned Member

Post by planewalker »

With discipline, concentration and focus you can also project a keyhole, through the mundane or the veil, to open the door from the other side. It could be compared to grabbing something to pull yourself along. Your "reaching" out with a piece of yourself to get a hold on the destination. Done with proper scrying you can keep from being put in "awkward" circumstances.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”