lucid dreaming -> astral projection?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Alue

lucid dreaming -> astral projection?

Post by Alue »

I was searching through the board and I didn't notice any threads about astral projection through dreaming (if there is a thread, i'm sorry! but it'd be great to be linked there). I've also looked online but usually when I search for it, mainly lucid dreaming stuff comes up and that's not what I want.

I feel I should give some info on how far into lucid dreaming I am, to show my control and such.
Every time I dream, I lucid dream. Sometimes I just play along with the plot line. Lately, I have been able to fight against what my dream wants, and go to an area I've made a 'head quarters' of sorts; I call it the Tower. I could give information on where it is, etc. in my dream world, but I don't think that is needed. But either way, in my dreams I'm able to go to the Tower, shape-shifting for the most part, use 'the force', flying, fire breathing, and last night I was able to walk through glass doors (there are probably things I'm forgetting).

Because I've read that through meditation, some people use a 'door' of sorts. I tried to bring that into my dream, by drawing a door on the wall and opening it, then trying to escape my body. It didn't work, though. I've had dreams where I've wondered if I was astral projecting, but in my dream world, real life places differ. So I can tell when it's a dream.

I'm sorry if this is too much information to give for tips on astral projection from lucid dreaming, but I feel it could be helpful somehow?? I dunno, but I'd love some advice!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: lucid dreaming -> astral projection?

Post by SpiritTalker »

What is your question?
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Astral projection is easiest while the body is asleep and the mind is awake. If you lucid dream well, force yourself to wake up into a state of mind which will allow you to astral project. If that makes sense?
Alue

Post by Alue »

Ah, sorry if I didn't make it clear what I was asking! I tend to ramble a bit much.

I'm trying to get from lucid dreaming to astral projection.

@corvidus I think I slightly understand what you mean, maybe? I just struggle to leave my body, and can't seem to find a way.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”