1st try of astral projection.

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Bychan Wulf

1st try of astral projection.

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Hy! I feel ready to try astral projection.
I've already done the necessary research,but I'd like to hear some tips from people who have already done it.
Are there any good protection techniques both for body and soul?
:-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: 1st try of astral projection.

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hey, I wish you fun and adventure. Practice, practice, practice. From my perspective, maintaining a strong desire and firm resolve are helpful. It is essential to center yourself and work from within the comfort of your center.

Centering is to be focussed at the spot within you where you feel peace. It is the place where your energy body connects to the physical realm and to the physical body. (i don't know why, but for some reason, men usually center just below the breast bone and women center just above the belly button.)

Sit in a chair. Don't lay down as it's too easy to fall asleep. :annoyed:

Ok, once centered, imagine you are standing a few feet in front of the resting body. You are IN the part that stands up. If you turn and look back at yourself, you might snap back into the body, so it's better to ignore the "old sack" in the chair and just maintain your identity with the free-to-move self. Move to another room, or step outside. Just BE in the other room or outside by wanting it and don't bother going step by step. Doors and walls are not an issue to the astral body, but they are to the mundane mind. So you don't want to deal with mundane matters. It makes the mind reconnect to the physical form.

Another way is to desire and resolve from within center to be at another location. Your center is everywhere all at once. So it's the link to any place & any time. blue_flee
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thank you! And how can I protect both my body and the projection from low energies?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Don't invite them by thinking about them. Simple. You aren't working with anything negative. If you work with a guide, spirit or whatever, ask them to accompany you on all astral travels. Then you don't have to repeat it every time.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I've only ever done it in the realm between wake and sleep and haven't been able to do so on demand. I have heard it is important to be able to ground and center well, and white light yourself. When you're prone to doing it without intent i don't know how the protections come into play. I know this isn't helpful, I'm more posting out of interest in the topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

WiccanWitch wrote:I've only ever done it in the realm between wake and sleep and haven't been able to do so on demand.
I found this simple "how to" here: https://www.google.ro/amp/m.wikihow.com ... %3Famp%3D1

I don't think you have to follow each step. Let your imagination free!
I managed to do it in a personal style. It's easy! Staying out is where the hard part starts. ;-)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I think you hit on an important item, WW. Grounding and centering, and light are the key stones to so much, and it becomes routine, like a reflex.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I mostly do mine while sleeping. I think my ADD interferes with doing it otherwise. Part of the ability depends on the brain's hardwiring. I don't do well with shutting off the outside and leaving my body behind while awake. The PTSD might be part of too, as I tend to dissociate if something sets me off.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I'm not actually sure if I do it right,but I can also do it while awake. Before falling asleep,in my bed I start imagining the whole process and when I got pretty sure that,that was it,I also did a test: I went (my astral projection me) into my parent's bedroom and looked into my mom's drawer. I saw a small blue box of medicine and recognised what it was. The next morning,I askeed her if that box was there and she asked me how did I know that she brought it there last night and was surprised that I also knew the exact position of it.
The next test I did,was with my father's drawer. (yep,not many ideas,I know) I saw a book in the left corner of the drawer. The next morning I checked it out and the book was in the right corner. I was a little bit dissapointed but and he told me that a few hours after I fell asleep,his glass of water fell and it made the book wet so he had to dry it and changed the position.

PS: I have never checked their drawers before,so I had no idea what it was there.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Wow that's a great result, Wulf! It seems that you have a natural talent for working in changed consciousness.
How many times did you practice before you could do that?
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think I did this before too,just for the fun of it. It seemed natural,but even the smallest noise dragges me back to my body. I guess being "in my own world" and dreamy finally helped.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”