Techniques for meeting others on the astral?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
GenevieveDawn

Techniques for meeting others on the astral?

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Got a question for some of you more advanced practicioners. If you want to meet someone that you have not met in real life before on the astral (with their consent for all of you concerned about those things) how do you go about that. Are you really meeting them on the astral or can you do the same thing by remote viewing and taking it a step further. I'm talking about doing this with someone who is experienced in magick. I don't have anyone lined up, I just think it would be interesting to do.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Well, I see that I have no replies. Wolf can you help me out? You've got to know something about this sort of stuff.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Hey Gen,

Astral Travel is indeed quite possible. It takes discipline, faith, courage and magick! I could always use more practice too, so why don't you PM me or e-mail me and we can work out some techniques where we "meet" at a specified time. Hope to "see" you there!!

bsp
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

GenevieveDawn wrote:Well, I see that I have no replies. Wolf can you help me out? You've got to know something about this sort of stuff.
Afraid not. Astral travel is something I have no experience in and next to no knowledge of doing ^^;
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I'm really surprised at that Wolf! You seem to have knowledge of the "less talked about things". I think BSP knows what I'm talking about. I know astral travel techniques, but I've read about where even groups of people can all meet on that plane. For the life of me I don't know where or in what I read about it. That's why I thought someone here would know.
Elem

Post by Elem »

I've read the same before, Genevieve. It's a common statement on any Astral Projection website. i.e. "Meet englightened beings! Meet your friends, or loved ones! Meet people who've passed away!", etc...

You can, in theory, 'meet' someone on the astral plane, yes. It is, essentially, your minds connecting. Energy flows freely between you, and you are able to communicate. How you perceive it is up to you. You may well perceive it as entering the astral plane, and then meeting with this person.. Or you may perceive it as a simple and direct connection, with no 'physical' astral plane involved.. But the overall outcome is the same. You're sharing energy, you're linked, and communicating with one another through your mind.

It's not the easiest of things to acheive, but it can be done. You just need to make sure that both of you are focused on the same thing. If it helps, have a picture of / describe a specific location where you'll be meeting. That way, it helps both of you focus on 'meeting' in the same place, which will undoubtedly assist you.

You mention remote viewing as well.. Remote viewing's significantly different to astral projection / 'meeting' someone on the astral plane. Remote viewing is passive. You can 'see' something or someone from a distance, but you cannot interact with them. Remote viewing is a technique that takes a lot of practice (as does astral projection, of course), but would not really be ideal for you if you wish to 'see' and 'meet' someone who's a distance away.

Anyway.. Back to work for me. Hope I've been able to help :).

Elem
[Ebony Rose]

Post by [Ebony Rose] »

I would think you need to be pretty experienced in astral projecting, before attempting to meet someone on that level. If you can't leave your body, how will you find someone else?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Here's a good site for you to have a read of Gen
http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/Friends.html
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I didn't think you could do anything w/ the remote viewing, but I thought I'd ask. I can do the astral projection, I just can't always control what or who I see. More often than not I do it unwillingly vs. doing it on purpose. Then there is the whole trying to remember it thing. Takes a while to master doesn't it?
GenevieveDawn

Post by GenevieveDawn »

Thanks for the link hedge, had some info in the second section that I was looking for. THANKS.
Elem

Post by Elem »

It does take a while, but.. Stick with it and you'll be fine :).

Try some deep relaxation or meditation.. It sometimes helps get you 'in the mood' to slip into astral projection, since your body becomes a lot more sensitive to the energy flowing around you when you're relaxed / meditating.

Just a suggestion to try and help :).

Elem
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Gen - I'm no master of AP'ing by a long short but my advice to you is this - if you can't remember what takes place when you AP then it's because you're not AP'ing love.
The whole concept of AP'ing is that you are using your conscious mind in your subconscious body, or your etheral body if you will. Remembering shouldn't be a problem. Which is the reason behind me saying what I just did.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”