Flying Ointment

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Holdasown

Flying Ointment

Post by Holdasown »

So last night was the second time I used it. I applied twice as much as last time. Got comfortable, had a really strange physical sensation and the alarm went off. Not a single thing. Not even lucid dreaming. I don't know what I am doing wrong at this point or if it's a matter of still not using enough. Very frustrated.
Vesca

Re: Flying Ointment

Post by Vesca »

I would be somewhat interested to see what this flying ointment consists of. Was it store-bought? Or homemade?

Flying ointment is one of those things where... it's noted throughout a lot of sources as being one of the keys to witches "flight" but the recipe is rarely included (partially because of how secret those recipes are kept and partially because of some of the ingredients therein). But I always understood flying ointment to be more of a tool to be used to try and help the witch fall into that trance so they could then travel without their body. Not simply something you put on and wait for yourself to fly.

I get the feeling you already know all of that, but for the benefit of other members who haven't encountered this yet. :) Are you also practicing the techniques to travel as well as using the ointment?
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

It was purchased from a very reputable dealer. I don't think it's the ointment but me. I am taking a break from trying. I have been doing a regular practice to leave my body and I have been close with just a push I thought. Obviously that's not the case do I need to decide were to go next. I may just need to not bother and move on. Though honestly I think this is a necessary skill and at this point with the number of years I have been practicing if I can't do it I may need to just accept it and stop using certain labels for what I am doing.
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

Might be time to just start a regular meditation practice with shamanic journeying, minus the chemical elements of a flying ointment.

As you say, it might be you.

Good thing meditation is free and available at any time :)
Witchcraft & OBOD Druidry.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Chalice wrote:Might be time to just start a regular meditation practice with shamanic journeying, minus the chemical elements of a flying ointment.

As you say, it might be you.

Good thing meditation is free and available at any time :)
I have been doing meditation for well over a year. That is why I tried the flying ointment.
Ash

Post by Ash »

Maybe you need an oil that is more tailored to your specific practice? What sort of herbs or oils have you used before for lucid dreaming or astral travel? I had to tinker around before I found one that was truly working, using a combination of herbs that worked for me before crafted into an ointment.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Ash wrote:Maybe you need an oil that is more tailored to your specific practice? What sort of herbs or oils have you used before for lucid dreaming or astral travel? I had to tinker around before I found one that was truly working, using a combination of herbs that worked for me before crafted into an ointment.
I found out I used too much both times. I also need to do some kind of trance work but I don't do trance work. So I have to figure it out before I try again.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”