Almost there!

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Sylar_pf

Almost there!

Post by Sylar_pf »

Hello everyone!

I'd like to share my experience with astral traveling so far.

I never had a spontaneous astral projection, I practiced. Usually with meditation until my body was completely numb. Then I would sort of "sink in" the darkness (idk how else to explain it) and my body would start to vibrate/twich. The problem is that I never passed through that stage od vibration. I'm just to scared of what might happen or what might I see. I read a lot of weird and creepy experiences of other people and that kinda does it for me. I'm very determined when I start but then I just chicken out. Almost every time I'm ALMOST there, but I never succed.

Any suggestions, experiences, comments on that?
Btw I would be grateful if I could get some tips.

Cheers, Sylar
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: Almost there!

Post by Seraphin »

Hiya sylar!

If you really want to do this successfully, you have to go through your fears. The weird and scary experiences of other people you have heard or read were probably became embedded in your psyche and to tell you the truth, they will not disappear that easily just because you want them to.

I suggest to shield yourself first before doing astral travel as some parasites might see that fear and will feed off your energy.

Also, if you're doing the exercise, don't think about what happened to you before in your last attempts or what might happen to your after or even the next minute. Staying in the present centers you and allows you to focus on what's important right now. Do this by just letting yourself sink in as your astral body go about astral world. If you will stop and study yourself and your surrounding (you might see nothing but darkness or yourself floating in the air), you will probably be frozen from the anxiety .

Just train yourself. Practice and experience are crucial for two reasons. One is that the more we practice, the more confident and motivated we become. And two, the more experience we've got, the better able we're to deal with unexpected obstacles when we are in frightening situations.

And lastly, focus on your higher value or goal. That will weaken the potency of your fear.

Good luck!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Seraphin wrote:Hiya sylar!

If you really want to do this successfully, you have to go through your fears. The weird and scary experiences of other people you have heard or read were probably became embedded in your psyche and to tell you the truth, they will not disappear that easily just because you want them to.

I suggest to shield yourself first before doing astral travel as some parasites might see that fear and will feed off your energy.

Also, if you're doing the exercise, don't think about what happened to you before in your last attempts or what might happen to your after or even the next minute. Staying in the present centers you and allows you to focus on what's important right now. Do this by just letting yourself sink in as your astral body go about astral world. If you will stop and study yourself and your surrounding (you might see nothing but darkness or yourself floating in the air), you will probably be frozen from the anxiety .

Just train yourself. Practice and experience are crucial for two reasons. One is that the more we practice, the more confident and motivated we become. And two, the more experience we've got, the better able we're to deal with unexpected obstacles when we are in frightening situations.

And lastly, focus on your higher value or goal. That will weaken the potency of your fear.

Good luck!
Thanks for the response Seraphin!

How do you shield yourself? With crystals maybe? I read that amethist is great for astral and the tigers eye is great for shielding against negative entities.

I will try everything you said, you helped a lot, thanks :)
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Yep you could shield yourself using crystals. You could use quartz or any favourite one that's full of clear light.

Place the said stone on a table where it will catch sunlight or moonlight. Do the protective breathing. Start breathing deeply, in through the nose, with the tongue lightly touching the roof of the mouth behind the teeth, creating a connection from the lower jaw to the upper, and breathing out through the mouth with the tongue where it is comfortable for the out breath (not touching the roof of the mouth).

Concentrate on the breathing. Concentrate on the sound of the breathing, hear the inhale, and hear the exhale. After a minute or two, begin visualizing the crystal absorbing the natural light from the sun or the moon then inhale the light and then exhale it into a clear protective bubble, pyramid, dome or crystal or anything that works for you as a protective device -- you could form any shape in which you feel comfortable to be enclosed.

Visualise the protective glowing shield hardening. Repeat if multiple layers of protection are desired. Stretch your arms and feel your fingers touch the side of your shield. Look upwards and see the roof of your shield.

I recommend having using a clear transperant shield (or etc.) as the setting up a shield of a particular color can also color your perception, with your associations to that color. However it can be done if that particular effect is desired temporarily (perhaps to counteract a patterned form of behavior).
Seraphin

Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

Wow thanks for the long response, will try and let you know how that goes.
If I may ask, how long have you been studying these kinds of things? You know a looot!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Oh Sylar, I know "nothing" even though I've been studying for more than a decade.
Seraphin

Sylar_pf

Post by Sylar_pf »

I wouldn't say nothing... I learned a lot from you and will in the future, you should be proud of your knowledge!
Seraphin

Post by Seraphin »

Hihi... :oops: Well, I'm happy that you find my answers helpful and insightful! :)
Seraphin

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”