Jerked out of body...

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Gray Pool

Jerked out of body...

Post by Gray Pool »

I sometimes have the queerest sensation. One moment, I'm walking, but the next I get very dizzy and I feel like my soul is slipping out of my body-it's like I can see myself, but everything's dark at the same time-it's hard to explain. It lasts for less than a second. Another way to describe it is floating out of my body-violently. It's happened my whole life, but never when I'm asleep, or near asleep. Nothing like that, I'm always very much awake and moving around. It makes me dizzy and weak once I com back "into" my body and in one very stressful period I collapsed to my knees multiple times.

One of the times it happened alot was when I had started practicing air magick very intently. I also recieved hightened electric shocks.

I'm not sure but I think a good grounding would help this.

I'm not sure if it's an OBE because I'm not asleep and it never last for more than a second. Can anyone help?
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Sakura Blossom

Re: Jerked out of body...

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Have you ever spoken to a doctor about this? That sounds like it could be a very serious health concern that you really should speak to your primary care physician about. Unfortunately, not everything can be explained by a magickal or mystical viewpoint but the same can be said from a medical stand point as well.

I had something like this happen as well, without the "out of body" experience and it turned out I had something health-wise going on. You really need to go talk to your doctor. :/ I hope all is well.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

I've considered that option but the reason I know that it's magick-related is because whenever I place my hand on a tree-ot instantly stops. The dizziness goes away, I feel strengthened. And ever since I stopped working quite so intensly of air magick it's become less and less frequent-the one time I mentioned it happening in a ridiculous amount was bevause I was watching something that gave me what I can only describe as the feelng pf being hypnotized.
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That could also have something to do with better circulation through your body, as that is something that helps me too. You never know unless you go and talk to a health care professional. I would still highly recommend going to your primary care physician to eliminate anything physical. (: Just to be on the safe side.

I'm not saying it couldn't be 'magickal' related, but it's always better to be safe than sorry and explore all of your options first.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”