Stuck While Lucid Dreaming?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Falcon_Heart27

Stuck While Lucid Dreaming?

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hey all. :)

I'm fairly new to lucid dreaming. I used to do it often in my early childhood, but soon lost the talent. I rediscovered it last year and have been working with it since then.

I've only had a lucid dreaming experience a handful of times (my first time I was actually pulled into it by someone else), and every time I do, I'm stuck in the same place. One hallway at my school. I am completely aware that I am dreaming, I choose to walk around and ask for help, but other people (I call them "dream people" because they are kind of unfocused and not fully participating in my lucid dream....once I had a lucid dream with someone else where we both were independently acting and speaking within the same dream) Anyway, the dream people didn't really understand me. So I tried to find my way out of the hallway, but I kept getting confused and couldn't get past some invisible boundaries. Usually I get so frustrated that I wake myself up.

This has happened 2-3 times and I can't find my way out of the school. Does anyone know what this struggle could symbolize? More importantly, how I can relieve myself of this??? I would love to be able to have some interesting lucid dreams, away from my own school and classmates. :p

thanks,

~Falcon
Ravensilverclaw

Re: Stuck While Lucid Dreaming?

Post by Ravensilverclaw »

I don't think the being stuck symbolizes anything. Go through the walls, the floor. the roof...that what your ritual weapons are for? Did you think your sword, cup, or wand are for the earth plane? Use them "up there"...and slay what every dragon that comes, smash down any wall, and pour your cup of dreams into the burning fires of love. So mote it be.
Soul

You Can Train Your Dream Mind [Re: Stuck While Lucid Dreamin

Post by Soul »

Hi Falcon Heart27,

Is this a recurring dream? I've had some recurring dreams on particular subjects, throughout my life. In my recurring dreams (and I'm thinking of the one that was most vivid and crucial theme), I eventually made progress. And that's because I worked through the issue or situation in my conscious waking thoughts. Once I made sufficient progress, the dreams on that particular subject/situation ceased.

You can train yourself to lucid dream and achieve the results you want in the dream. Also, part of lucid dreaming is about controlling the movement and outcome in the dreams. You can contemplate on the subject and let your conscious thoughts flow freely, similar to how your subconscious thoughts flow in dreams. And you can write out the dream and then an additional entry for the way you would like the dream details to play out. Then contemplate on what you've written. You can add your personal spells (whichever type you know is relevant to dreaming and desired results in the dream).

I have kept a dream journal for nearly 15 years and studied dream work, as well as Jungian thought on dreams, the subconscious, and archetypes. Dreams are messages from your subconscious to your conscious mind, to help you successfully deal with life situations, personal growth issues, relationships, whatever. Your dreams come from your inner self and the enlightenment and wisdom that your inner self has acquired from the unseen world and from observing your outer self in the seen world.

Best wishes to you for success in your dreaming. :)
I would be interested to hear how your progress goes.

BB,
soul
Falcon_Heart27 wrote:Hey all. :)

I'm fairly new to lucid dreaming. I used to do it often in my early childhood, but soon lost the talent. I rediscovered it last year and have been working with it since then.

I've only had a lucid dreaming experience a handful of times (my first time I was actually pulled into it by someone else), and every time I do, I'm stuck in the same place. One hallway at my school. I am completely aware that I am dreaming, I choose to walk around and ask for help, but other people (I call them "dream people" because they are kind of unfocused and not fully participating in my lucid dream....once I had a lucid dream with someone else where we both were independently acting and speaking within the same dream) Anyway, the dream people didn't really understand me. So I tried to find my way out of the hallway, but I kept getting confused and couldn't get past some invisible boundaries. Usually I get so frustrated that I wake myself up.

This has happened 2-3 times and I can't find my way out of the school. Does anyone know what this struggle could symbolize? More importantly, how I can relieve myself of this??? I would love to be able to have some interesting lucid dreams, away from my own school and classmates. :p

thanks,

~Falcon

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”