Literally Became an Animal.. Help me Understand!!!

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
onyx208

Literally Became an Animal.. Help me Understand!!!

Post by onyx208 »

I was doing my ritual. Meditating, chanting, and praying to God and the Goddess in the candlelight of my altar. But I couldn't quiet my mind. I was really frustrated and upset. It made me think how we are just animals with thoughts. So I asked to be an animal, because that would quiet my thoughts. I closed my eyes and had a vision instantly of a deer walking through a meadow. I saw every muscle work, every hair oscillate, the eyes softly focused. I was touching him, feeling his warmth...and next thing I knew, I was walking beside him. Except...I was literally no longer in my room. I legitimately was a deer.

We walked, and I felt, and only felt. no thoughts. completely gone. I saw pictures in my deer mind that explained what I was experiencing but... Not a single word. I felt the mud squish beneath my hooves. I felt the wind in my short bristly hair. I saw from both eyes independently, I kid you not. I now know how my horses see! I was driven through a crick (i can't explain in human words what the water felt like on my legs) and up a forested hill. I was so excited (i knew from my body, not my mind) so I danced back through the river of life energy by prancing like deer do. Something told me to go home I wasn't thinking that though, I had none!! I was just guided from instinct.

I literally felt like my spirit had to float away from the deer and travel back and I felt it re-enter my body, fill every crevice of my being, I kid you not. I have no idea how else to describe it. it probably sounds crazy, but it wasn't meditation or something. I LITERALLY became a deer. I have no idea what that was. Any input??
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Literally Became an Animal.. Help me Understand!!!

Post by SnowCat »

It's an amazing feeling isn't it? Sometimes I see a hawk hunting, and I can feel the air currents, the play of the wind on my feathers, the sheer joy of riding the sky.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

Is there a term for this? It was a very beautiful, positive experience. It's all very hard to explain though.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I don't know if there's a term for it. I had quite an experience at physical therapy today. K. was working on a couple of trouble spots in my shoulder. It was excruciating. I felt Sekhmet straining to come out and shred him. I felt like if I even tried to speak, it would have come out as a snarl. So I endured. But that isn't the first time Sekhmet has come to the surface.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
azriel

Post by azriel »

It is a mix of Union/Transposition meditation.

Union meditation is when you bond with another being; animal, plant or mineral. You then view things from their perspective. This is a melding of awareness.

Transposition meditation is a deeper form of Union meditation. After you have bonded with something, you can then "become" this other being and exist as it does rather then view the world from their eyes. This is a form of astral projection or spirit extension where you can then learn how to "exist" as others do.

It is quite exhilarating and there should be nothing to fear. You can learn many things from taking on the form and awareness of a separate being. Just stay open-minded, and have fun!

Azriel
^-^~
Unfold your wings and take off into the sky
Before you're burned, become the sun
Blow, oh wind... It guides you into the sky
Before your whole self is taken away

Oasis~~~Gackt
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Thank you for that explanation. I started experiencing Sekhmet as a presence within me, last year. She's quite adamant about some things. Moving along, I believe that I have a dragon presence making himself known now. I recently came across a Celtic dragon pendant that I bought about ten years ago. I've felt the need to wear it 24/7 since I put it on again. It should be interesting to see where this development leads.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
onyx208

Post by onyx208 »

This all is incredible! Thank you!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I also danced on the rooftops as a fox with my friend Raymond.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Nikoma

Post by Nikoma »

I've run with my totem before. It was much the same experience as you posted but in wolf form.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

The Fox isn't normally my totem, but it was Raymond's totem. I think I was a fox for that one night, so that he could tell me goodbye. He died a couple of days later.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
shatteredsouls

Post by shatteredsouls »

Wow, onyx208, I haven't had any of such experience but what you said sounds wonderful. Now you're making me wonder how to see from both eyes independently...
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

I have a couple of friends who are able to do this. They turn into wolves, I think it is amazing! I would love to be able to do this. Guess I better start praciticing and researching.
Moonfire

Post by Moonfire »

This is simply amazing and I hope to experience something like this! Thank you for sharing!
Suhrt

Post by Suhrt »

Wow I didn't know you could do this, how do you do it?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This sounds like shapeshifting, via shamanic trance.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”