Imagination or astral projecting?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Clair

Imagination or astral projecting?

Post by Clair »

Hello all! I hope this time I'm finally posting in the right place haha. I've been curious, lately I've been trying to astral project but I'm not sure if I'm really getting it right. is there a way to tell? I also experience this a lot with meditation. I always wonder if I'm really doing it or imagining I am :?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Imagination or astral projecting?

Post by SnowCat »

If you feel like you're doing it, you probably are.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Clair

Post by Clair »

But I confuse myself like that :S
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

SnowCat wrote:If you feel like you're doing it, you probably are.

Frosty
This. I have to agree with this. There have been times that I have had a physical sensation and there have been other times where I haven't had any sensations but have still been out of my body traveling in one of the many worlds out there.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Clair wrote:But I confuse myself like that :S
The tradition and practices I base my own experiences off include the mind and the imagination as very powerful aspects. Infact the liken the imagination to spirit vision. When I first started to meditate and try astral travel the idea of visulization didn;t work for me. I switched visualization for imagination and immediately started to see a vast improvement in my work and in my psychic development. I think for me this reminds me of why they say that children are more psychically in tuned than adults. They are used to believing and seeing things not there in play. So for me to see something and see it in my mind as real as a child sees their imaginary world is the same as astral traveling. My mind and my spirit are going to those locations.
Clair

Post by Clair »

Just to be sure I understand, would that mean the spirit world is in a way our imagination or is linked to it?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Clair wrote:Just to be sure I understand, would that mean the spirit world is in a way our imagination or is linked to it?
I think of it like this. There is a doorway in our mind which leads to our soul consciousness. One way to access that gate or door way is through the imagination. When I cast a circle I use my imagination in calling up the forces. I still feel the elements there and they still come. I just use my imagination as a door way to the realms of the spirit.

For traveling astrally in this world I have often heard is said to imagine your spirit body floating above your physical body in your room. The imagine yourself going where you want to. Sometimes its the next room and other times its physical places you have never actually been but want to see.

The mind is very powerful. For me the mind is a part of the soul and a part of the spirit. This is why it is possible to travel to the other worlds using the imagination. I also use a bit of self hypnosis to get into a meditative state for my visualizations exercises.

Visualization and imagination for me are the same thing. If you can see in your minds eye (your imagination) the spirit worlds then you can get there through the door in your mind.

The text that explains this better than I am right now is The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak. There is a CD companion that goes along with the book. That CD companion has the exercises that guide you and teach you how to astrally travel using your imagination and your mind.
Clair

Post by Clair »

Thank you so much! I'll look into it :)
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Clair wrote:Thank you so much! I'll look into it :)
For me astral travel is an advanced spirit work and psychic development practice. I feel you really need to have strong psychic senses developed in order for astral travels to be successful.
citrine

Post by citrine »

Maybe it's way much different for others... the only successful astral projection experiences I had happened only when... I totally "switched my mind off". The state of mere being without any thoughts, just perception... allows you to float elsewhere and you know that it's happening for real. I really like the technique of "watching the mind" suggested by Eckhart Tolle. In this way you can manage to see everything in color, not just shadows and shades of purple that are quite common after you're outta tunnel (that you always slide through first). Experiences in the astral plane just confirm that the universe is far too bizarre to comprehend :)
Saol na saol, tús go deireadh. Tá muid beo go deo.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”