Not sure where to put this..dreams, astral, past life??

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
TimberDrake

Not sure where to put this..dreams, astral, past life??

Post by TimberDrake »

I guess to start, I have been trying to "unlock" my past lives and see what I can discover.. I feel like something has been locked up for a long time and I am suppose to unlock it. Something that not only am I suppose to figure out but use to help others. I never, well cant say never but only remember bits and pieces of my dreams. When I do dream that is. I can not seem to make that final jump to the astral plane and every time I try.. or if I even manage it.. I dont remember it. Im not sure what way to go now.. I have read almost everything I can find on all these subjects.. I was suppose to meet up with a friend of a friend and we were going to try hypnosis but she got extremely sick and could not do it. What I know is more instinct to me then training and learning from others. I am just at a loss right now and could really use some guidance.. Please and thank you all.
AncientSideEffects

Re: Not sure where to put this..dreams, astral, past life??

Post by AncientSideEffects »

TimberDrake wrote:I guess to start, I have been trying to "unlock" my past lives and see what I can discover.. I feel like something has been locked up for a long time and I am suppose to unlock it. Something that not only am I suppose to figure out but use to help others. I never, well cant say never but only remember bits and pieces of my dreams. When I do dream that is. I can not seem to make that final jump to the astral plane and every time I try.. or if I even manage it.. I dont remember it. Im not sure what way to go now.. I have read almost everything I can find on all these subjects.. I was suppose to meet up with a friend of a friend and we were going to try hypnosis but she got extremely sick and could not do it. What I know is more instinct to me then training and learning from others. I am just at a loss right now and could really use some guidance.. Please and thank you all.
As far as remembering dreams, don't move when you first weak up, hat is the most critical time to remember, ease yourself awake. Lay there and try to recall your dream, think hard to remember and get up slowly. Rub your eyes, stretch, etc. But not to quick. If you need hop making that final jump to see what you missing, try a chant or spell before sleeping. Something as simple as saying you'll do something and why, reinforce it with a pillow thing(can't think of the name) can help. Sometimes a deep relaxation can release some blocks and help. Other then that, I use mugwort. My personal favorite herb of choice. Don't use to much or you can get sick and die.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I would avoid using mugwort if you don't have to. If you're pregnant, it's dangerous. If you use too much, or if you use it too frequently, it's dangerous. One of those things you probably ought to discuss with a care provider before introducing into your body chemistry.

But I agree with the deep relaxation bit. Keep a journal near your bed so you can record bits and pieces as you wake up, that way you'll have an easier time remembering it later. I found that a mantra before bed helped me stay lucid and remember my dreams (for example: I will remember my dreams). Don't over-think it. :)
TimberDrake

Post by TimberDrake »

I have tried many many many things over the years.. except mugwart.. I will not use it. I was hoping someone may have some incite on something that has not been used much.. or something very rare to try.. IDK
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

A pillow made of mugwort is not going to hurt you any. Although I do not recommend it for pregnant women. You could add other herbs to the pillow like hops and lavender, maybe some ginger or galangal, lemon grass is good as is jasmine, all these things are good for opening up psychic centers and will also aid the dreamtime.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”