I think this was an astral projection, but I'm not sure

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
The_Hiding_Amaranth7

I think this was an astral projection, but I'm not sure

Post by The_Hiding_Amaranth7 »

So I was in the middle of a dream when this occured. Randomly out of nowhere the dream stops and everything goes black. I can feel myself swirling upwards. It literally felt like I was twirling around and going upwards. It was cold. I felt terrified because I'm afraid of heights and it felt liked I was going up. I woke myself up and was only awake for a spilt second before I went back to sleep, and the dream continued.
I remember that I could see the blackness while this was happening. I know that my eyes weren't actually open and looking around my room at night because if I wake up in the middle of the night and open my eyes, it's not pitch black it's just fuzzy darkness and I can still make out shapes and things. What I saw when this thing was happening was just pure, solid blackness.

Was this an astral projection?
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: I think this was an astral projection, but I'm not sure

Post by SnowCat »

It sounds like it could have been. My astral projections are usually verified the next day by whoever I visited. I start talking about the dream I had about the person, and then they start filling in details. It's rather unsettling sometimes.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: I think this was an astral projection, but I'm not sure

Post by Starwitch »

Yes, it's possible you astral projected. Blackness is very common in AP.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”