Have You ever Astral Projected?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
SingingCanyon

Have You ever Astral Projected?

Post by SingingCanyon »

I've read the books, but I personally like to have people that I can ask questions to if I'm going to try something.

So, have you ever done it? What's it like? How do you get back?

I just want to be sure I'm completely comfortable with the idea of it before I try anything.
I am the voice of the past that will always be,
Filled with my sorrows and blood in my fields.
I am the voice of the future,
Bring me your peace,
Bring me your peace and my wounds,
They will heal.
-Celtic Woman

Blessed Be,
Singing☾anyon
sylphaxiom

Re: Have You ever Astral Projected?

Post by sylphaxiom »

I have done it before many times. I used to do it just because I was bored and for me it was easy. I have since lost the natural talent and a true projection is harder to come by, but I am open to any of your questions. As for what it's like, it's really alot like floating to be honest. It's a very free sense. It's really unique. And all you have to do to get back is simply awaken your physical mind. Just think of something random or draw attention to something to do with your physical body or surroundings. It's easy if you are still close by, but it takes a bit more (and you have a bit of "drift lag" if you venture more than a mile away.
May the Gods be with you, and the hand of Fate be a gentle touch to guide you.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Is it safe. Can you not be able to come back?
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

From my experience it is completely safe. It is a projection of your astral self. You are not leaving your body in any way except your consciousness. It really just allows you to see the world from another perspective or things you wouldn't normally see. I have actually looked in on a friend before or someone I was missing. It will actually take time to be able to do it without getting distracted. If you are the slightest bit distracted you will jerk back into your own body. There really is no risk at all. I suppose on a theoretical basis only if you happened to be psychically attacked by something very very powerful like a demon, you might have some sort of a problem or you could be easily possessed, but that is only in theory and I doubt it would actually happen. Astral projection is a way to free your mind and consciousness. There is no harm in it at all. It is similar to reaching out with your consciousness into someone else's mind to grasp their emotional state or feelings that an empath does.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

OK- I am an empath and clairsentient. So does this maybe make astral travel easier?
sylphaxiom

Post by sylphaxiom »

Possibly. I don't know I'm an empath too. I'm also a little clairsentient and precog. But I don't know that it makes it any easier. It is all about releasing your mind and letting go. The best way to do it is to put yourself in a strong meditative state. That peace of mind is what really helps you.
EmpathicalRose

Post by EmpathicalRose »

There was this one time, where I Asteral Projected, and through a friend of mines (Kind of werid since we never met in person too...) and what I was seeing was a world that she knew I had been too, and I could see it from the skies, below me, but I myself, had never been there.

Since, I have not been able to.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”