Failure at it, and afterwards feeling

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
stariebird11

Failure at it, and afterwards feeling

Post by stariebird11 »

Okay so I have been reading about astral travel today so I figured I would try it. I saw on one of the posts this link
http://www.spellsandmagic.com/astral3.html and decided to use it. Well i guess it kind of worked because i felt like i went into a weak trance. The longer I looked at it i noticed that around me had gone white, yet i still felt somewhat connected to my body. I decided to stop and research more and got off the site. But now i feel really dazed and weak. Is that normal?
~Brightest Blessings~
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Failure at it, and afterwards feeling

Post by Firebird »

First of all don't be too hard on yourself, astral travel takes time to perfect for most. Sounds like your a little fragmented. Try laying on the ground, (and if you can nap there all the better) Try eating some potatoes or bread. Next time you try this, ground well prior, then declare a spot to return to, ( the chair you're sitting in, the tree you're leaning against etc...) then when you return, tell yourself (I am back in my body completely!) ground again, take at least 3 deep cleansing breaths, clap your hands and/ or stomp your feet, then eat. Also don't try it if you are not feeling well. Good luck and happy travels! Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
stariebird11

Post by stariebird11 »

Thanks for the advice! Your right, I am a little hard on myself :D I usually do that to make myself more determined. You were right about declaring where your going to return too as well. I didn't completely astral project; but when I completely made myself aware of my body it felt like half of myself was still trying to come back. thank you agian this really helped :)

Blessed Be
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain
-Unknown
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You're welcome, ...keep practicing, any talent or craft takes time to perfect,...like, most people can not sit down to the piano and play it the first time. :) BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

How I think i astral projected for five seconds:
I relaxed, and stretched all my muscles, especially my neck and I massaged my neck too if I reclal correctly, and when I layed down I pretended I couldnt move, but not stressfully so, and I tried to sense my muscles tension and sort of have them relax, because muscles that are tense use up too much oxygen that would go to the brain anyways and because of relaxation relation.
So I noticed my tightness and let it fade away sort of.
After a few minutes of trying to fall asleep while being concious still, I felt/saw myself drift off of my bed still level witht he bed, and I felt the air move oddly around my body as if my body moved on its own defying the laws of physics, and I dont recall if my blanket was still on me or not, but the things in my room were rearanged, and the people in the house were rearanged as well, so it could have just been an odd dream I suppose, but then i went back to the bed by drifting, then off the bed a second time, and I even touched onto the floor, where there I could feel the rug that shouldnt have been there, and I ended up 'waking' up.
This was my closest attempt to success yet. there were a few other notable attempts but this was by far the best sort of.
I didnt attempt it lately.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

That's really cool, Kei. Sounds like you're getting the hang of it. That's definitely what would be considered an OBE/AP.
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

I only try on and off, so far I havent progressed beyond that and it wasn't an adventure or anything but it was improvement.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”