Can you remember a past life through a lucid dream?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
shiverlove

Can you remember a past life through a lucid dream?

Post by shiverlove »

I've been having non-lucid dreams that feel like past lives. also i hypnotized myself and saw something that also feels like a past life. I just want to know if it's possible to have a lucid dream and use the dreamscape to allow me to remember my past lives. I pretty much just want to validate what I've been feeling about these experiences and also learn about my other lives. Thanks in advance!(:
smiley08_yin_yang
BallisticJW

Re: Can you remember a past life through a lucid dream?

Post by BallisticJW »

Well if they are non lucid then you might want to rephrase your question. Since lucid dreaming, and hypnosis are both an altered state of consciousness then it is entirely possible to lucid regress. Also there is a chance that these are memories coming to you when you are in a nonabrasive condition (ie sleeping).
Ravenwalker

Post by Ravenwalker »

In my experience, it is indeed possible to regress into a past life through lucid dreaming, but only if you know what life you're attempting to rejoin and have enough familiarity with that life to enter the desired mindset. The lucid portion becomes a bit hazy after that, though. You may have enough control to enter the dream-state regression, but unless you're reliving a moment that you've already experienced, the chance of controlling the dream and having an accurate regression is going to be reduced. What I would recommend is releasing most of your control once you've entered the regression, retaining just enough to break free should the regression turn against you. It's a matter of balancing the validity of the past life with the ability to step out of it if you need to.
BallisticJW

Post by BallisticJW »

Ravenwalker wrote:In my experience, it is indeed possible to regress into a past life through lucid dreaming, but only if you know what life you're attempting to rejoin and have enough familiarity with that life to enter the desired mindset. The lucid portion becomes a bit hazy after that, though. You may have enough control to enter the dream-state regression, but unless you're reliving a moment that you've already experienced, the chance of controlling the dream and having an accurate regression is going to be reduced. What I would recommend is releasing most of your control once you've entered the regression, retaining just enough to break free should the regression turn against you. It's a matter of balancing the validity of the past life with the ability to step out of it if you need to.

So how do you initiate the regression? Through self hypnosis, or waiting until you have a lucid dream. I want to lucid dream at will!
Ravenwalker

Post by Ravenwalker »

Self-hypnosis, for the most part. I'm of the "empty-mind, open-mind" school of thought, where the best way to tap into that latent meta-memory is to completely silence your own conscious thought. I like to have some sort of a focus object in sight or in hand when I'm tapping into a specific set of memories that I can associate with the time period and use that resonance to guide me where I want and need to go. That's where the historical research comes into play, too; in selecting a focus, you need to know what sort of objects that past life might have had access to, or what the modern equivalent of a cherished item might be (for example, one of mine is linked to a pre-Iron age Irish druid, and to tap into those memories I often use an oak leaf). For lucid regressions, that's how I aim to fall asleep to ensure the dream-travel works the way that I want it to; once the dream is established, I'm usually out like a light.

Lucid dreaming in and of itself has become automatic for me, to the point where I don't even realize that I've had an actual dream. Most dreams for me feel more like mid-afternoon daydreaming or stream-of-consciousness thought processes set into motion. It's taken a lot of practice to get there, but with enough time it's really quite easy.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”