Am I one of them?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
DarkAmalthea

Am I one of them?

Post by DarkAmalthea »

Hi, my name's Erin and I'm a 16 year old girl, when I was about 13 I became aware of some strange things about me. A friend told me about the indigo, crystal, and star childen and told me that I might be one. I'm not sure but, maybe someone here can tell me? I'll list all the things that are strange about me. Thanks in advance :)

I get major de ja vu, constantly, I will look at something, do something, or have a conversation with someone that I remember clearly having or doing before. And if it's a conversation, because of this I know what the person will say next, and I think I come off rude because I answer questions or respond to something they will say before they even finish saying it.

At night, as I'm falling asleep, or even when I'm asleep I hear voices. Usually a male and female talking, then all of a sudden one of them will scream my name and jolt me awake. And this is never a dream because it's always black and it happens almost every night. Plus the voices were different in different places, at my grandparent's house it was an older man's voice. And while I was staying at a friends' house it was a little girl. But they always, always say or scream my name, waking me up.

I have a weird connection with animals, and often find myself talking to them, like they can understand me (I'm not insane, promise). And they really like me, especially cats and horses, my two favorite animals coincidentally. But it also happens with other animals.

Little kids are very interested in me, I have no idea why, I don't even like kids. But they walk right up to me and want to talk or play (these are kids that I don't even know, like while I'm at the grocery store or out shopping with my mom, they are usually babies and toddlers) and others will just stare at me, some happy some looking very angry..idk.

My mom said that I was talking clearly around or before (she can't remember exactly when) I was 6 months old and started walking around 1 and a half, she said that that was early for a kid to start talking and walking.

I've always been really mature for my age even when I was little. I was never one to throw fits or whine, and sometimes I even speak or think on a more advanced level than my parents.

I've always been more advanced than my peers and was reading on a 2nd-3rd grade level in kindergarten. I got straight A's on every report card I've gotten.

People constantly comment on my eyes, saying how pretty and big they are, but a lot of people seem intimidated when I 'gaze' at them, and usually won't meet my eyes.

I can pretty much convince anyone into doing anything, I don't abuse it, I just recently noticed that I can if I want to.

I don't remember things, not that I forget them, just that I don't remember anything up until age ten. Nothing at all, like there are no memories, which is frustrating because I can't remember my childhood, and trust me i've tried. Even my mom has tried to jog my memory but it's like there's nothing.

Electronics are strange around me, my computer crashes all the time, and it's not just mine I was using a library one once and it did the same thing. TV's turn off randomly when I'm in the room, sometimes lights do the same.

I know things that I don't remember learning about at all or where I would have learned it. The other day I told my mom that 'The average human loses 40-100 strands of hair per day'. I asked around to everyone I had talked to that day and everyone told me that they weren't the one who told me that.

I see things from the corner of my eye that when I turn to look at it, disappears, which might happen to everyone, I don't know.

Sometimes when I'm in a 'spacey' mood I can stand right next to someone or walk up to them and they don't notice me until I say something or touch them.

My mom said that ever since I was five I've been extremely interested in volunteer work, and was working at a horse rescue as soon as I could. I just don't think it's a normal thing for a child that young to be interested in that kind of thing.

I hardly ever, if at all, get sick and if I do it's usually something major. Once I got big (quarter size) flat red spots up my arms and legs, and the doctors never identified it, even after a biopsy. The same thing happened about a year later, but with a different 'sickness'.

The other day I was looking through my old notebooks from when I was little and I wrote on a lot of the pages 'let's go home' or 'I want to go home now'. I asked my mom about it, she said that i used to say that a lot when I was young, even if we were at home. That, even she found strange.

Sorry it was long, I just want to know why I'm so different. Sometimes it bothers me because I don't have a lot of friends because they all think I'm too strange. The friends that I do have are wiccan like me, and one of them is a crystal child. :) Thanks!
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

Well, I don't know if you are, but IF you are, so am I.
Because I fit every one of the things you just listed to a tee.
I'm interested in hearing some of the replies to this!
DarkAmalthea

Post by DarkAmalthea »

Yeah, but there are also other things that I could have listed but they are more personal to me. And things that I learned how to do, like read auras.

You hear voices when you're asleep too? Can you understand what they are saying?
Twine
Banned Member

Post by Twine »

DarkAmalthea wrote:You hear voices when you're asleep too? Can you understand what they are saying?
Usually they say my name. In fact, I was in the hallway after school one day, all alone and as soon as I turned a corner, I heard a woman scream my name. It wasn't a voice I've ever heard before, except in my dreams. It was pretty strange. I looked up, expecting to see someone standing there, because it was crystal clear, like she was standing a foot away. Nothing.
indigobrat

Post by indigobrat »

Hi Erin

I get a lot of the same as you: I’ve copied and pasted your post and have commented on the bits I’ve had the same sort of experience: I am replying in caps lock as Im editing this in notepad (just plain text cant change color of text etc) so Im not ‘yelling’ just so that my replies are easier to identify

I get major de ja vu, constantly, I will look at something, do something, or have a conversation with someone that I remember clearly having or doing before. And if it's a conversation, because of this I know what the person will say next, and I think I come off rude because I answer questions or respond to something they will say before they even finish saying it.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET THAT? I GET IT A LOT I THINK, BUT NOT SURE HOW OFTEN WOULD BE A LOT.... I FIND THAT I AM SURE I HAVE HAD THE CONVERSATION AND BEEN IN THE SAME PLACE ETC AND OFTEN WITH SOMEONE I HAVE NOT KNOWN LONG, OR FOR WHATEVER REASON I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT I CANT POSSIBLY HAVE HAD THAT CONVERSATION BEFORE, OR THAT CONVERSATION WITH THAT PERSON.......

At night, as I'm falling asleep, or even when I'm asleep I hear voices. Usually a male and female talking, then all of a sudden one of them will scream my name and jolt me awake. And this is never a dream because it's always black and it happens almost every night. Plus the voices were different in different places, at my grandparent's house it was an older man's voice. And while I was staying at a friends' house it was a little girl. But they always, always say or scream my name, waking me up.
I OFTEN HEAR A MALE VOICE - I ALWAYS PUT IT DOWN TO TRICKS OF THE BRAIN WHEN IM IN THE SLEEP/WAKE STAGE. ITS USUALLY LIKE (WELL IF I WERE TO IMAGINE THE PERSON WHO MATCHED THE VOICE) HE WOULD BE LIKE A DWARF OR SOMETHING, AND JUST SAYINS SOMETHING REALLY LOUD AND FAST, ONLY A FEW WORDS, BYUT LIKE SOMEONE JUST CAME UP AND TALKED AT THE TOP OF THEIR VOICE IN MY EAR....

I have a weird connection with animals, and often find myself talking to them, like they can understand me (I'm not insane, promise). And they really like me, especially cats and horses, my two favorite animals coincidentally. But it also happens with other animals.
I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF TO HAVE ANY SORT OF CONNECTION WITH ANIMALS THAT IS GREATER THAN AVERAGE, BUT IF IT WAS SOMETHING I WAS RATING, ID SAY ITS ‘BETTER’ THAN NORMAL. RECENTLY AFTER READING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO TALK TO ANIMALS AND THEY WERE SAYING ANYONE CAN DO IT, IVE TRED THAT OUT,. WITH SOME INTERESTING RESULTS...... I SWEAR THE CATS I TRIED IT ON, ‘HEARD’ SOMETHING THEY STOPPED AND LOOKED AT ME LIKE ‘WTF!?’ BUT ALSO SEEMED FREAKED OUT BY IT. I THINK I WAS FEELING A BIT SILLY TRYING IT SO PROBABLY IF I DID MANAGE TO COMMUNICATE CAME OFF LIKE AN A--HOLE TO THEM LOL. IVE CERTAINLY FOUND THAT SOME ANIMALS DO JUST TAKE TO ME , NOT ALL, BUT A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS WHERE PEOPLE HAVE SAID THAT A DOG OR CAT WHO IS NOT NORMALLY THAT FRIENDLY OR COMFORTABLE WITH STRANGERS IS REALLY RELAXED WITH ME OR AN ANIMAL THAT IS KNOWN TO BE VERY SHY WILL APPROACH ME.

I've always been more advanced than my peers and was reading on a 2nd-3rd grade level in kindergarten. I got straight A's on every report card I've gotten.
I NEVER GOT STRAIGHT A’S BUT REPORTS THAT SAID I WAS CAPABLE OF IT, AND IN THE TOP 2-5%. I WAS YOUR TYPICAL DREAMER, AND I THINK I ALSO GOT BORED AND SWITCHED OFF, AFTER A CONCEPT WAS INTRODUCED, ID BE LIKE OK GOT THAT AND WANT TO EXPAND ON IT, WHILE THE TEACHER WOULD BE GOING OVER THE SAME POINT IN VARIOUS WAYS. THEN ID SWITCH OFF...

Electronics are strange around me, my computer crashes all the time, and it's not just mine I was using a library one once and it did the same thing. TV's turn off randomly when I'm in the room, sometimes lights do the same.
I BREAK COMPUTERS ALL THE TIME....... THEY JUST SHIT THEMSELVES, I WORK IN IT WITH COMPUTERS...BUT HALF THE REASON IS BECAUSE I HAD TO LEARN TO FIX THEM BECAUSE THEY BROKE SO OFTEN! IVE EVEN STARTED LOOKING UP THAT THEORY ABOUT PPLS STATIC CHARGE BREAKING STUFF

IVE HAD EVENINGS WHERE MULTIPLE COMPUTERS HAVE SUDDENLY HAD THEIR OPERATING SYSTEM JUST ‘FALL OVER’ (STOP WORKING) FOR NO APPARENT REASON. THAT CAN HAPPEN BUT IT HAPPENS TO ME STATISTICALLY WAAAAAY GEMORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON

I know things that I don't remember learning about at all or where I would have learned it. The other day I told my mom that 'The average human loses 40-100 strands of hair per day'. I asked around to everyone I had talked to that day and everyone told me that they weren't the one who told me that.

I see things from the corner of my eye that when I turn to look at it, disappears, which might happen to everyone, I don't know. ME TOO, I FIGURED THIS IS JUST A WEIRD NERVE OPTICAL THING - I DONT KNOW - COUPLE OF TIMES IVE FELT LIKE THERE IS A PRESENSCE IN THE ROOM IM IN AND ITS HAPPENED....

Sometimes when I'm in a 'spacey' mood I can stand right next to someone or walk up to them and they don't notice me until I say something or touch them.

My mom said that ever since I was five I've been extremely interested in volunteer work, and was working at a horse rescue as soon as I could. I just don't think it's a normal thing for a child that young to be interested in that kind of thing.

I hardly ever, if at all, get sick and if I do it's usually something major. Once I got big (quarter size) flat red spots up my arms and legs, and the doctors never identified it, even after a biopsy. The same thing

happened about a year later, but with a different 'sickness'.

The other day I was looking through my old notebooks from when I was little and I wrote on a lot of the pages 'let's go home' or 'I want to go home now'. I asked my mom about it, she said that i used to say that a lot when I was young, even if we were at home. That, even she found strange.

Sorry it was long, I just want to know why I'm so different. Sometimes it bothers me because I don't have a lot of friends because they all think I'm too strange. The friends that I do have are wiccan like me, and one of them is a crystal child. Thanks!

IM CURIOUS AS TO WHAT OTHER WAYS YOU FEEL AS THOUGH YOU ARE DIFFERENT? LIKE IVE MET PPL WHO MAY HAVE A LOT OF THE THINGS U HAVE AND I HAVE BUT THEY STILL SEEM TO EASILY FIT INTO ANY CROWD. WHEREAS I OFTEN FEEL I DONT KNOW JUST ON A DIFFERENT WAVELENGTH TO OTHERS

SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY ANSWERS FOR YOU, BUT MAYBE BY COMPARING/SHARING THESE THINGS WITH OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCES WE WILL START FINDING OUR OWN ANSWERS.....

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”