I want to know more about myself and what/who I am

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
ParaNorm

I want to know more about myself and what/who I am

Post by ParaNorm »

I have been told by all kinds of people "what" or "who" I am. They have attempted to read me but the results vary all the time. Which is why I am still unsure on my true identity. If anyone can tell me a way I can test myself to know what I might be or tell me what they think I am that would be helpful. I am unsure what information to post about myself so if anyone need to know more about me just ask a question and I will be happy to respond as soon as I can.

Thank you all in advance.
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Why cant you just be you?

There is no need for a classification, a label. You are you, nothing more or less.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

Sometimes the best thing to be is different; people tend to be much more interesting that way.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

The more one tries to be different or special, the less unique they really are.
Zili

Post by Zili »

Just exist. So many people walk this earth search for who they are or what they had been in a previous life, sometimes we are not meant to know and that's where we find our true selves.
WitchyLady506

Post by WitchyLady506 »

shadowx wrote:The more one tries to be different or special, the less unique they really are.
But that's if they're trying to be different. Normally when someone is trying to be different, they have something completely unoriginal in their heads about what different is. I mean different in the aspect of just doing whatever comes naturally to a person and not caring how to categorize ones self or how others see them, just being true to ones self, which now days is rather different, as most are trying to associate themselves with a certain scene or look.
They say only Silver Bullets kill the beast inside.....
Y0m

Re: I want to know more about myself and what/who I am

Post by Y0m »

ParaNorm wrote:I have been told by all kinds of people "what" or "who" I am. They have attempted to read me but the results vary all the time. Which is why I am still unsure on my true identity. If anyone can tell me a way I can test myself to know what I might be or tell me what they think I am that would be helpful. I am unsure what information to post about myself so if anyone need to know more about me just ask a question and I will be happy to respond as soon as I can.

Thank you all in advance.
You cannot search outside of yourself for self knowledge.
This being said, sit with yourself and observe your mind for a few hours in peace.

Do not be attached to your thoughts. rather step away from them... give your mind a break... observe who you truly are. This is the space between thoughts. The times where you simply *sigh* and look up at the clouds and birds... letting everything else fall away.

Namaste
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.
rdalomba

Post by rdalomba »

I think everyone gave great advice. I know I often wonder who I was in a past life or what my destiny is because I feel so different from everyone else. But feeling different is good all in its self. I agree with Zili, we aren't meant to know who we were because it would just interfere with who we are now. I am not one to give advice, however. :) :)

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”