Possible OBE - not sure

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Tranquilmist

Possible OBE - not sure

Post by Tranquilmist »

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it was an utterly surreal experience and I'd love to hear theories on what everyone thinks happened to me.

I was working on aligning my chakras, and listening to a cd I have with the sacred sounds for each of the chakras.

When I got to the the 6th chakra, I felt it was out of balance, so I worked on it extra long. I finally brought it into balance and moved onto the 7th chakra.

This is where the experience began.

So as usual, I'm feeling my 7th chakra open and I'm seeing pure white light flowing down into the chakra, into the top of my head. After a minute or two of this, the energy is coming into me so fast that it feels like a waterfall gushing into me and I feel like I can't contain it and start feeling very heavy.

The next thing I know, I feel like my body splits, and a copy of myself flows off to my left side. Then I start filling with energy again, and another copy of myself splits off to my right side. I then continued to fill up with this white light energy, but this time I didn't split, it just continued to fill me..but this time I don't feel heavy, I feel extremely light and the energy just continues to grow and grow. Now I actually feel like I am completely immersed in this white light and am actually glowing.

Now, I feel as if I am floating. I actually feel like my body floats off of the floor just an inch and I completely loose the sense of being in my body. After just a few seconds of this, I feel my body settle back down and the light begin to fade and I return to my normal feelings.

I sat there for a moment, eyes still closed, and just felt completely and totally at peace and that there was not a care in the world. I opened my eyes and even after getting up and walking around felt very light, and energized.

So what do you think? Did I have an OBE or was it something else?

Thanks for reading,

Tranquilmist
Xal

Post by Xal »

Sounds like an OBE.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
Y0m

Post by Y0m »

All I know is that these things are natural experiences. The more you practice meditation in this way, the more powerful your experiences will be. I encourage you to keep these kinds of things to yourself though, as they won't help anyone in their development if they ONLY try to achieve these things.

Spiritual growth is much more then this.

Love & Namaste.
All I know is I love you.
That's about all I can do.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”