Flying=Astral Projection?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
reikihealer83

Flying=Astral Projection?

Post by reikihealer83 »

Hi there!

I have been thinking about this for a few days and wanted to pose a question about flying in dreams being a form of Astral Projection. It makes sense to me but I am wondering if it makes sense to everyone here? I often have dreams about flying and in the dreams I can feel everything including the fact that I am moving in the air and around the town I live in. I never feel like I get slammed back into my body but I feel that I have to catch my breath when I wake up. Any thoughts on this would be wonderful :) Thanks!
Xal

Post by Xal »

Many dream of flight are you projecting while you are in a dream state. Once you start working with projection from a conscious standpoint and feel what it's like, you can usually feel how it's the same in a dream.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself" - Carl Sagan
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Xal,

That is the largest kick in the pants, I am not sure if I am projecting while dreaming or just dreaming about flying. All I know is that I can feel, smell, etc EVERYTHING no matter what it is and I also tend to sort of catch my breath when I wake up. I am at a total loss.
Xal

Post by Xal »

You're most likely projecting :)

The boundaries between the astral plane and dreams is very thin, which is why it so easy to project in dreams. Your brain waves exhibit almost the same patterns in both states. In fact one of the best ways to learn how to project is through lucid dreaming.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Xal,

I just had a thought about flying and astral projecting. If they are possibly one in the same would it be possible to have complete control over what I do (landing, taking off, etc) at that time? I think it would be but what do you think?
Xal

Post by Xal »

Your best bet for control would probably be to attempt waking up from the dream while still projecting.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”