Meaningful or too many movies?

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
BlackTeddyBear

Meaningful or too many movies?

Post by BlackTeddyBear »

Okay, so the other night I had a rather terrifying dream. I could see myself standing in the open-- there were no visible surroundings, just a blank greyness-- and my body was covered, head to toe, in flies. This alone sickened me, to the fullest extent.
The flies were feeding on my flesh, because in an instant they disappeared in a black, buzzing cloud and I was left standing there. Here the dream switched to a first-person view, and I was looking down at my hand, palm up. My skin was left with one of the last layers (it was rough with the ridges of my skin, fingerprints mostly, and sticky with what I assumed to be pus) and I could feel my rough, sticky skin catch on itself everytime I moved. I could actually feel my body stinging with every movement, which was incredibly odd for me because in most dreams I cannot feel pain. I stared at my palm for a moment, and I could see blood begin to seep through my skin, forming a puddle on my hand. Here the dream becomes fuzzy, so I cannot accurately remember anything else.
So my question to anyone who will listen is, what does that mean? Is it something I should by wary of, or should I lay off the horror movies for a while?
Thanks for listening. :D
Melindrose

Post by Melindrose »

sound like it could be a little bit of both
MoonDust

Post by MoonDust »

This is kinda old, but did you ever figure out the dream and what it meant? I think of flies as being negative, pests of the planet. (Sorry but they really anoy me) I would guess that it may mean that there is something that you are eating, showering, washing clothes with that is irratating to your skin or body. But I'm looking for a direct association and not a symbolic one here...
BlackTeddyBear

Post by BlackTeddyBear »

I haven't yet figured it out, but I haven't had the dream since then so maybe it isn't so relevant anymore.
My guess was something along the lines of what you said-- flies being pests-- and I assumed it was a warning or something along those lines.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”