Struggling so hard to get out from my body

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
purpleborneo

Struggling so hard to get out from my body

Post by purpleborneo »

It has been weeks I perform astral projection but never succeded. I've came to tingling state all over my body and also imagined climbing a rope but no improvement.

I also experienced my head tingling and shaking left right for several minutes but nothing happen. I became worry when I came to tingling state, even I ensure myself to be brave, because I don't know what I will see if I am out. Lol.

I've read alot about AP books and also watching ppl guide on youtube but not working... [emoji17] What did I miss out???
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Struggling so hard to get out from my body

Post by SpiritTalker »

Maybe you’re trying too hard?
We all naturally go OOB in our sleep. Have you given yourself the suggestion to open your eyes as you fall asleep? It’s your energy body that will see. If you’re afraid of seeing your self asleep as you move away from your body then maybe you’ve been OOB-ing but missed it because your eyes were closed.
purpleborneo

Post by purpleborneo »

Does it mean I have to open my eyes like usual in physical body? I thought i can see automatically when my astral body seperate from physical. Maybe you're right, all this time I am just waiting for any vision coming to me but never happenned. Will try this soon, thank you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Having fear or doubt I believe will thwart your progress also. Just keep practicing meditation and reading, waiting. It will happen when you least expect. As Spirit mentioned you may be wanting it so much that you are preventing it from happening. Patience and more information in the meanwhile!
Be, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

You don’t have to open physical eyes, just think of opening your astral body eyes.

I thought of something that helps me ... I need a reason to get OOB, a destination or target.Just hovering around my bed isn’t enough. So I think of my back yard as the stepping stone.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I usually do things differently, combining astral travel with astral shifting because of my therianthropy. I find it easier to have an out of body experience when I'm in animal form instead of human form. But the one thing that always helps regardless of what form I'm in is moving one part of my astral body at a time, taking it slowly in steps, starting with a finger then all the fingers on one hand.

When I meditate, I find that my hands are the first part of my body I lose feeling in, which is why I start by moving my astral hands and fingers first. So, as a suggestion, you could try paying attention to what parts of your body lose feeling, then move their corresponding astral counterparts.

Usually for me I experience a loss of physical sensation and complete relaxation slowly over time. Then, once I'm fully relaxed and have started moving my astral hands and fingers, I try to roll my astral body out of my physical body, very much like rolling across the floor.

Maybe this can help. Try moving a little at a time, then rolling over once you're fully relaxed. I also agree with the others in this thread, because having too much doubt, or wanting something so much can hinder your progress. I learned that from experience. It was only after I stopped doubting myself and trying so hard that I was able to improve in certain areas.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
purpleborneo

Post by purpleborneo »

Thank you all for the suggestions. Today i feel lightheaded, and tingling on my left hand. I'm sitting down and breath slowly and feel like i am abit dizzy and weird feeling. I googling and find that it's a problem from the medical view, but from spiritual view, am I ok??? Could it be lack of sleep?
Last edited by Firebird on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tapatalk signature advertisement. please remove
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Re do your grounding & see if it helps
stormofwind

Post by stormofwind »

Be careful I do it all the time...
You need to be able shield yourself and not bring anything with you.
Hazel Moon

Post by Hazel Moon »

I used to experience the same thing, feeling weird, lightheaded and physically exhausted after an out of body experience. That's why I didn't do it very often, because it left me feeling wiped out for the rest of the day, like it drained a lot of my energy.

This started to go away over time, becoming less severe so that I could experience being OOB without feeling seriously drained. Nowadays I might feel a little disconnected and tired afterwards, but it's no where near as bad as it used to be.
We share our physical lives with those in spirit. For life, like love, never dies.
Love knows no limits, not even death.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm Re do your grounding & see if it helps
Can't ever stress this one enough,

...grounding is just like it says, brings you back to the Earth and a very important practice in magic work of any kind.
if you cannot get outside to ground try having a fairly large rock to place your hands on after, I like using a big chunk of obsidian. Another thing that is really important, is grounding through food. Root veggies like potatoes are some of the best grounding foods for this. Mashed potatoes work wonders smileylove Bread is a very good choice also, water will help snap you out of it too.
Bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
mommylucienne85

Post by mommylucienne85 »

I have been having similar issues with getting out of my body, and have only gotten as far as tingles all over towards conscious astral projection. I think I have astral travelled in my sleep, but since I cannot recollect anything of the experiences and only note feeling partially detached from my body when woken and having difficulty regaining consciousness and/or movement and control of my physical body, as well as often feeling just as tired as upon falling asleep if not more so, I have found it difficult to analyze my experiences in determining if astral projection has taken place. Any thoughts for attaining control over the experience and retaining recall of the event? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”