Blue Moon on Samhain

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Blue Moon on Samhain

Post by SpiritTalker »

There will be 2 Full Moons in Oct 2020 🌚

October 1 October 31 5:06 P.M. 10:51 A.M. Full Harvest Moon & Full Hunter’s Moon making Samhain a blue moon!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Moon on Samhain

Post by Firebird »

COOOOOOOOOL!!!
We were talking about that for the Samhain ritual and incorporating that rarity somehow. Any ideas💡 ?
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Tutmosis

Post by Tutmosis »

This past new moon was a super new moon too. The moon is definitely wanting to tell us something this year
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Well, preparations are underway.... working on a ritual for the Holiday. The Zoom connections have one advantage I hadn't anticipated in the beginning (away back in March)... we have several of our distant (by miles) coveners join us for the esbats and Sabbats which has been nice. Again, it is suuuuuper challenging to raise energy on the computer, but glad to have this format.
Anyhoo, the main part of the ritual will be visiting ancestors altars, which each participant erecting their own memorial with photos, beloved items, flowers, and with food and drink offerings. Then as we go around, each person speaking will be spotlighted (great Zoom feature :fairy: ) The focus will be what "wisdom" has one gleaned from the various family members on the other side of the veil.
Got a couple pumpkins 🎃 🎃, some mini ones too! . Love those for decorating.
Now to contemplate the Blue Moon aspect of the night.
Any thoughts? What will all y'all be doing for this momentous occurrence of Moon full, blue, and on Samhain, a trinity that will probably not occur again in your lifetime???
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Some things can only happen 'once in a blue moon'. So the Samhain blue moon sits on the cusp of a perfect opportunity to trigger a real change within your life, a long term thing you perhaps have tried to do and failed once or many times previously.
tourennatrix

Post by tourennatrix »

I've got lots of ideas for this samhain, and probably not a lot of time to do much, lol.

This month I've been paying rent at 2 places as I move to my own apartment, and the 31st is my last day that I am tied to my old home. I plan to hang some witches balls in my windows and a seasonal wreath on my door. I plan to do a 're-dedication' to my path and set a plan for my rune studies. And of course converse with my dearly departed.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

tourennatrix wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:24 pm the 31st is my last day that I am tied to my old home.
How interestingly fortuitous! sounds like you're going to be pretty busy :fairy:

So folks we are getting near, any other things going on for you this year?
We have decided not to give out candy which is bumming me out, but we get like 300+ children and their whole families, some actually drive to our neighborhood, it's a bit insane so as much as it bums me out I'm putting yellow tape across my walk with a few skeletons on the ground. Maybe a box of gum at the end of the walk.
We did a dumbsupper on Zoom last night, that was interesting.
In addition to out ancestor visit, we have the blue moon aspect, I think we'll do some knot magic and capture that within the knots. I made up a little chant, should be fun.

Hello! what are you all doing?
BB, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

🎃
It's also.....
A micro moon!, here's more info about this rarity and other info about the sky above us for the Hallowed season.
https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/1560/ ... 20AM%20EDT.

Farmers almanac says this;
The next Halloween full moon will appear in 2039, 2058, 2077 and 2096, according to the Farmers' Almanac. That means the Halloween full moon will be on the 19-year cycle five straight times
So that is awhile!
The last time we had a full blue moon on Halloween was like 79 years ago :shock:

Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The Moon is on an approximate 19 year cycle with the tilt of the earth, so this year is a culmination of the old cycle (death) and beginning of the next (rebirth)...a real new year around the planet.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”