Site Admin

Into the Light!

Post by Firebird »

WINTER

Did you feel it? The shift has occurred! :fairy:
Winter Sunrise
Winter Sunrise
We have crossed that barrier....
And steped into the waxing year. Energy, light and growth are upon us! The Oak King had regained control of the natural world and will rule until Summer.
I made a crystal infused water that was charged on the Winter Solstice that I may consume in times of low energy or depression.
Aaaand it's not too late to make some of your own! Place a bottle of freshly drawn water with a clear quartz crystal within and place in the sun from dawn to dusk, the light is still at its infancy and this can be done for up to a couple weeks after the Solstice.

Many of us suffer with seasonal affect disorder, and for those in the northern areas, you may find this even more so a problem.
Even though the light is now on the return, there is still lots of winter left over. We can do may things to combat this.
*One is finding a window or going outdoors and letting the suns light onto your skin for at least 15 minutes a day. There are light bars one can purchase to do the same.
*Another is taking a vitamin D supplement.
*Exercise is important too. Take a walk or do some yoga, we tend to get a bit more sedentary in the winter months.
*The copious darkness is perfect for an extra hour of sleep, put yourself to bed early whenever possible in the cold months and enjoy that long winters nap!
*The decline of the Sun affects some of us as early as mid September, here is a thread that helps to combat the seasonal blues. http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 37308.html
*Meditation helps and I will post a video for that. One can do their own visual, such as imaging seeing ones self basking in the light of the sun, imagine the rays are soaking into you as the permeate your skin and fill your soul. Let the light concentrate on areas of trouble or discomfort. If you get depression see the light fill your mind with new hope and energy.
OK ...I was not able to find a short and suitable video to embed ...so, nothing works like the real thing. Take yourself to a East window or go outside at dawn (or shortly thereafter, or with morning coffee as is the case with me) and stand facing the sun (do not look directly at the sun) and let yourself be bathed in its light. You can close your eyes for this. Thank the sun for rising up once again and remain in gratitude for several moments recounting all the sun does for the earth and for all living things that dwell upon her.

This is the time for re energizing ourselves, contemplating the goals of the new cycle, dreaming of what we wish to accomplish and what the steps may be to get there. Enjoy this time of going within, some of the best plans come from these moments of deep consideration.

May you all be Blessed in Light,
Firebird

For those of us who are unfamiliar with what winter really looks like for those "north of sixty" or hovering near the artic circle here's a clip of winter/summer in Finland (as our member L.J.Hex can vouch!)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nTjyt-6hJQw
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Into the Light!

Post by SpiritTalker »

I caught myself whistling several cheerful tunes when we had a 30-minute patch of sunlight yesterday. It was uniquely timed with neighborhood ringing of church bells which seemed fitting: spread the Light.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Out on a morning meditative walk through and old orchard I was immediately greeted by a swirl of of leaves. The smell of oak was heavy in the air. It's a wonderful, warm woodsy, musty smell. I strolled trough the crunching leaves past the many unfortunate skeletal trunks of citrus that succumbed to frequent water rations during the droughts. There is a sprinkling of grapefruit and oranges in this section but more oaks, palms, eucalyptus and other botanicals. Went to slip into a cluster of oaks for a deeper meditation but coyote was residing in this space today. I followed a hummingbird to a different oak tree and rest my hand upon its knarled surface. I shut my eyes and listed, small birds were shuffling throrgh the dry leaves and the vision before me was of white Dragon. I watched it's profife as he licked the air with his tongue . A halo of blue shone all around him and that color faded into red. Interesting, just now noted the colors other than the white, which I was very drawn to. I had an instant feeling of calm or stillness with a sense of renewal.
I've not worked with Dragon much but I saw this imagery in two other locations while on this stroll indicating I should pay attention.
The whiteness of this fellow leads me to believe he is telling me of renewal, purity, bright hope, sincerity. Does anyone have knowledge of white Dragon?
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Into the light indeed, I can already tell the waxing year is upon us. The dusk is occuring about 15 to 20 minutes later, before you know it Imbolc will be upon us. The light will be sufficient in the pupils of hens to bring them back to laying eggs.

I'm feeing very optimistic this year, the sighting of White dragon has been very much on my mind. On one hand it represents the Herald animal of England and much of the spiritual references we work with are from Wales (red Dragon) So I'm trying to make some sense of that. On a personal level it could be the fire that raged within has been tempered to a lovely argent.
Have you all had your renewal plans for this year in place? We can absolutely utilize the energy in the growing light to enrich our lives. I think perhaps the solar water is working wonders!
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”