A Sweet Samhain Cat Story

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
missbelladonna

A Sweet Samhain Cat Story

Post by missbelladonna »

Good morning everyone! I thought I'd share a cute Samhain story since it's coming up.

When I was little, the neighbors had a cat named Tiger. Me and Tiger grew up together. I still have pictures of me playing with him when I was like four or five. I didn't go outside to play with the other kids, I went outside to play with Tiger lol. He was my best friend. He was a great comfort to me when I was little too. Of course, as I got older, Tiger got older too. Unfortunately, Tiger got very sick when I was about eleven years old, and he passed away.

Important to the story is another cat the neighbors had, Angel. Angel was a stray cat that was rescued, so she was always very shy. She'd never ever approached me despite that she knew I was friendly with Tiger.

Last Samhain, I went to the neighbor's house to give their kid some candy because it was his first Halloween. I rang the doorbell, but no one answered. I was just about to leave until I heard a familiar meow. It sounded like Tiger's raspy meow, but it was coming from Angel. It didn't sound like her soft meow at all. She meowed again before she rubbed against my legs just like Tiger used to. She let me pet her for a few minutes before disappearing into the bushes again.

The next day, I tried to pet her and she ran away.

Maybe Angel was feeling adventurous that night and then decided she didn't like me after all, but I like to think it was Tiger paying me a visit to tell me how proud he was that I grew up.
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: A Sweet Samhain Cat Story

Post by SpiritTalker »

?? Cats! They make their own rules. It's put it's scent on you & that means now it knows you.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Sweet Samhain Cat Story

Post by Firebird »

That is so cool. nice little connection. Sometimes cats will approach if they know other cats are out of the way. Again it could have been Tiger saying, go on, she's ok.
Did Angel ever show in the neighborhood again?
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”