Yule 2017

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yule 2017

Post by Firebird »

Hey there everyone. :fairy:
Blessed season to you all. Was wondering what everyone had in store for their winter solstice time ceremonies?
^
^^
^^^^
guess that's a half a tree :|
Anyway, our group is going to decorate a tree in the wild with fruit and nuts for the woodland creatures, then do a small paly acting on the robin and the wren and close with drum and dance to the sun as it sets. ....Then, We Feast!
what about you folks?
Blessings of great prosperity, may we all be blessed in love and fulfillment in the waxing light,
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: Yule 2017

Post by planewalker »

I greet the Sunrise. Contemplate the last years journey and give thanks for it. Look at the path ahead and get some idea of it's twists and turns. Take an hour for myself and just be. No healing energies to this one. No listening to that one vent. No thinking where I've been and no expectations of where I'm going. I enter into that state of grace that is being. Not of myself or in myself and not touching any entity, anywhere. Just my energy spread across the multiverse. Exaltant in setting myself free from any responsibility. Even to myself. Maybe mostly to myself. I than pick up my burdens once more. Exalting in having them. Knowing I have them only because I accept them. I could easily not pick them up, but I'm satisfied I'm still who I've tried to be. Knowing I can look in the mirror and be happy with who I see.

May you all have that greatest of gifts - the understanding and support of the people around you. May you have all good things. Even before you know you need them.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I usually prepare some treat for the birds, the resident possum (he's fond of carrots) & assorted cats wandering through. I get myself some egg nog...love the stuff!
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Wonderful Yule plans one and all, in the true spirit of our way of life. As for this olde wily Wizard/Witch I love to escape from the pandemonium of the mundane traditions into the wilderness and bask in the silence to enjoy the music of the spheres and spend a little intimate time with my Goddess Shekinah. Didn't care much for the frigid winters while in Alaska but must admit I miss the awesome silence of ice crystals tinkling across the snowdrift, the dark clear star filled sky and the hisss of an occasional wave of the Aura and the smell of ozone.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
Bluerose31

Post by Bluerose31 »

On Yule I will be gift giving with my family. I will find time to be alone and worship my Goddess. I will give her some winter offerings and pray to her for the new year.
PhoenixRising

Post by PhoenixRising »

We will be enjoying a quiet Yule at home (provided that my pager doesn't go off for a fire or medical call). We have our altar decorated and may light some candles. I will also be saging our home again to keep love and peace strong!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Everyone has great plans :D And here we are, the longest night.
merry Midwinter to All!!!!!!
May all your celebrations warm your heart, fill your spirit with peace and love, and feed your soul the annual nourishment of giving.
Blessed Be
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Firebird,

Blessings and strength as the light increases, so they shall increase for you. And a spell of peace that touches your very being and helps your soul feel free of the burdens you are carrying right now.

Planewalker
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well, the chem trails so clogged the sky I never got to see the sun. I looked for it when I got up, at noon and sunset. Totally not visible. Bummer.

So I'm cheering up with "Ancient Trees, a Portrait of Time", a photo expose by Beth Moon.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YgM9UjXAaB4

May we have have a blessed Yule. :mrgreen:

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”