The wheel keeps turning...

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
T'a Nuk

The wheel keeps turning...

Post by T'a Nuk »

Joyous Greetings my friends!
I know I mentioned this last year, but I do believe it is worth bringing up again. This time of year is both wonderful and busy for those of the Craft in many ways. So much to do and prepare for! The forests are rejoicing with color and fruit, fields are rich and ripe, and all of Nature's creatures are busy preparing for the winter ahead. Add to that the danger of the many who suddenly become interested in magick and seek to raise negative power. Whether this is just in fun or ignorance, we must take a defensive stance and take extra precautions to keep things in balance. Charms, prayers, protective rituals, even a little friendly education when appropriate. Get outside when you can and enjoy the wonderful season!
Blessed Be my friends!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The wheel keeps turning...

Post by Firebird »

Just love this time of year! The fullness of the bounty. :fairy:
The colors are great, I bet you have aspen trees near you that are turning a gorgeous golden yellow.
I miss Montana...big sky, I remember a horrendous rain storm driving north towards Alberta. It came down in such volumes that the wipers wouldn't clear the windshield on our old International Harvester wagon, even on high. But then we just drove out from under the edge of the storm and the mountains on either side of the valley seemed so clear and vast.....
Here's some October color from the central coast!
Busy busy in the fields!
Orange is vibrant in the pumpkin patch
Orange is vibrant in the pumpkin patch
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
T'a Nuk

Re: The wheel keeps turning...

Post by T'a Nuk »

Thank you for the pic Firebird. It seems that this time of year makes me feel closer to my ancestors. It brings memories of my childhood and before. The crisp mornings with Venus smiling from the east, the golden afternoons and the leaves crunching on the trail. The conversations of Crow, Magpie, and Bluejay. The industry of Squirrel and Chipmunk. Fox watches you as the purple evening falls and the silver fog begins dancing through the trees. The smell of the leaves and larch needles in the fire...drums in the wood...soft flute playng...singing floating through the forest.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”