What are you doing for Mabon/Equinox?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
amethystskeleton

What are you doing for Mabon/Equinox?

Post by amethystskeleton »

Hi people!

What are you guys doing tomorrow for Mabon? And if it's after Mabon you're reading this, then what did you do? I recently just moved to a new place for university so I have one room and a kitchen I share, so I'm going to get some soil or salt and bless where I'm staying. I might cook dinner for all my flatmates or something, and in the evening I think I'm going to be going for a walk and smoke and take some incense to the forest.

I'm currently looking at a few specific rituals to do, as I'm usually quite casual with my magic and it depends on what's convenient so I want to do something nice. :flyingwitch:
CircusWitch

Re: What are you doing for Mabon/Equinox?

Post by CircusWitch »

I'm still not sure what I want to do on the day itself (I'm celebrating it tomorrow on the equinox rather than today on the date.). Over the weekend I want to spend the Saturday giving the house a good clean out, both in the practical sense of tidying and cleaning the house from top to bottom and also in the spiritual sense of going through and doing a smudging type cleanse. I've had a rotten few months and (as long as I can drag my stupid, anxiety-ridden ass into work tomorrow) things should be settling back to normal soon so I'd kind of like the opportunity to get rid of all of the negative energy. And after I've done that I can treat myself to a well earned cider or two (apples! It totally counts!) and have some roasted veggies with quinoa as it's one of my favourite autumn meals and quite thematic. Not sure what to do ritual wise yet, hoping this thread might give me inspiration :). Also, I found this website to be quite informative https://www.thoughtco.com/all-about-mab ... ox-2562286
HopefulChild

Post by HopefulChild »

Now that we have a house of our own, I'm going to do Iron spike ritual, and a Earth and Hearth and maybe bake some sweet bread with the kiddos and make an offering of some of that. Then candles and furs on the ALtar for the coming cold.
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

I was just about to make a post with this same question!
Being new to rituals I still do not know what I am going to do, but plan on doing research tonight for a simple celebration/ritual (as a beginner). There's a lot of information on the internet so I have no doubt I will find something to match my needs.
I'll be sure to post here what I ended up on doing!
Blessed be
Tyrande
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The Autumn Eqx has always been a night of unusual flying dreams for me as far back as I remember so I'll just meditate and let nature take it's course, lazy bum.
Tyrande

Post by Tyrande »

Here is the ritual I found that I will be doing:

Ritual steps:
1. Cleanse space & self (sage is a good choice because it corresponds with Mabon)
2. Cast your circle
3. Call Quarters
4. Invite God & Goddess
5. Give thanks for the blessings in your life (Mabon is a time for thankfulness and appreciation, the God has sacrificed himself so we may get through the harsh winter)
6. Cast a spell for balance
7. Have cakes/ale (this can be whatever food you prefer such as cookies & you should leave an offering of the same on your altar or outside)
8. Thank the god & goddess
9. Thank the quarters
10. Release the circle
11. Ground yourself

Balance Spell:
"As Autumn brings balance to night and day
Let there be balance between work and play
May we live our lives harmoniously
And in tune with nature's melody
As sun is to moon
And midnight is to noon
Let there be balance in all that we do
May we know our inner light
And our inner darkness too

As I will it, so mote it be!"

I found this info on www.inkedgoddesscreations.com

Hope this helps!
Blessed be
Tyrande
♡ ♡ ♡ Protect the Ocean, Protect the Land ♡ ♡ ♡
❃ Plant a tree ❃
Juniper

Post by Juniper »

Since it's been in the 90s all week, and for the next few days, I'm going to the river and going swimming. Let the water wash away the summer and go into the fall clean and refreshed! Saying prayers of thank fullness the whole time, mostly for just being alive.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I see the morphing black holes around this time of year. Seems to be portals of some sort.
The Dark of the moon proved to be a very visual meditative night. Tonight I will meditate on the caduceus a symbol of balance and healing.
The coven will walk a "balance beam" while toning/tuning chakras, consult the Goddess Cerridwen, and burn a Wicker man. ...then eat!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
JaceGem

Post by JaceGem »

It's my first Mabon so I was fairly at a loss for what to do. Looked around for what other folks did and decided on doing a simple ritual to honor and thank the God and Goddess for the bounty the last year.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”