Harvest Moon Ideas

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
susieluna

Harvest Moon Ideas

Post by susieluna »

Hi everyone,

With the Harvest Moon impending, I have been taking notes and planning a ritual on how to celebrate it. I settled with a ritual to count my blessings and give thanks to the God and Goddess for my abundance. I will also be calling out to Demeter through prayer as she is a Goddess of Transition. I am making a big Transition in my own life this month so could really use some extra guidance.

As an offering to Demeter I am going to make some home made bread too. During my ritual I am planning to use Earth corresponding colors, gemstones and incense where possible.

Do you guys do anything special to celebrate the Esbats and if so, what do you get up to? Particularly during The Harvest Moon (September's Full Moon - whatever you choose to name it)

Blessed Be :flyingwitch:
The Earth plays music for those who listen.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Harvest Moon Ideas

Post by SpiritTalker »

I love to just draw down the moon light into center and commune. I've been doing so for some years. I keep my Esbats simple. I was just outside moon gazing a bit ago, and as the nearly full moon cleared the roof tops it was red! My jaw dropped.

I like to put out corn, oranges and apples for the critters. I baked a cake once just for the squirrels. For days after I was seeing squirrels with sticky faces. Ive made pop corn for them too.

I'm more likely to do a harvest gratitude meditation and such at the Sabbat. One year I grew wheat in pots and harvested it. I used the stalks for altar decorations until the cat stole them, & made some bread with a store bought mix. & I do baked apples with success. I have a long history of pumpkin pie disasters so I prefer to visit people who bake.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Harvest Moon Ideas

Post by Firebird »

Wow with all the fires going on we have had a very nice orange moon come up last night, also some very colorful sunrises !
In my tradition this is called Arbitration Moon. A time to make any final decisions or judgements.
Although this moon was full just after midnight earlier this day, we will celebrate this year by attending a public rite that a very dear friend will be preforming at tonight. After their service we will leave some offerings and request guidance in any pending situations.
Technically the "harvest moon" occurs closest to the Autumnal Equinox which this year falls in October. So one more month left of harvest time!
A couple years ago my step son was out in the grape fields picking the grapes until midnight or so, under the lovely harvest moon! I told him how cool it was to be able to honor the age old tradition. Now they have a great bottled wine loveface well more than one...it's a whole business with a tasting room downtown.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”