Ways to celebrate Mabon with my non pagan family?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
TimberLily

Ways to celebrate Mabon with my non pagan family?

Post by TimberLily »

I do a solitary ritual for the sabbats but I've been trying to find ways to incorporate my boyfriend and his two kids, 8 and 11, into the pre ritual celebrations. Do you have any suggestions that are Mabon appropriate but without trying to force any beliefs on them? I'm just trying to spend time on an important day with them, not convert them :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Ways to celebrate Mabon with my non pagan family?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Share a seasonal meal or special desert and tell them you're celebrating Autumn. Food is always appropriate to share at celebrations. Use leafy autumn prints & table decor. Apple pie or cobbler, corn, still early for pumpkins, but squash with pumpkin pie seasoning as a pie or pudding is yummy. Can ya tell I'm hungry? My lunch is in the oven... And it includes roasted corn on the cob :D
TimberLily

Post by TimberLily »

SpiritTalker wrote:Share a seasonal meal or special desert and tell them you're celebrating Autumn. Food is always appropriate to share at celebrations. Use leafy autumn prints & table decor. Apple pie or cobbler, corn, still early for pumpkins, but squash with pumpkin pie seasoning as a pie or pudding is yummy. Can ya tell I'm hungry? My lunch is in the oven... And it includes roasted corn on the cob :D

I'll take any excuse to do a bunch of baking and corn on the cob, YUM
Shireside

Post by Shireside »

In less of a festive light, Mabon is also a fine time for paying respects to the dead as the hemisphere shifts into the darker half of the year. If your folks aren't opposed, it could be a good time to take a quiet moment with your little ones to visit a family plot if there is one, or to light a candle in honor of those who have crossed the veil.
The map is not the territory, the facet is not the jewel.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”