Beltane 2017 (Northern Hemisphere)

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beltane 2017 (Northern Hemisphere)

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hi folks, it's getting closer to Beltane! It's my favorite Sabbat, and I love planning for it in advance. I feel like my coven celebrates it for a whole month, most of the time -- we usually do our private celebration in early May, and then there is a local Pagan non-profit that holds a little Beltane mini-festival on Memorial Day weekend. This year, I'm also helping with an interfaith Beltane celebration on April 30, so that will be interesting (it's indoors, so that has some inherent challenges).

How about you all? Got any plans? What's your favorite way to celebrate?
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
TwilightDancer

Re: Beltane 2017 (Northern Hemisphere)

Post by TwilightDancer »

I typically do a bonfire. I also harvest flower petals to use throughout the year in spells and rituals.

The menu will be heavy on the salad side.
To drink will be white wine with sliced strawberries and raspberries.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think I need to plan a remembrance for the ferries who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I've had a stressful few months in that regard.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Here, girls and women are subjected to this pagan torture :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGDJ_dzkUho Fortunately, I was never watered by bucket, only by a glass or spray :mrgreen:
In my area, women are also spanked like this
Attachments
sibacka.jpg
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Easter eggs are also very important here. They are called kraslice from krásny=beautiful. In this video you can see a woman showing traditional techniques https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qd6IYf_n7E. Although of course most people can't make them as beautiful as she can, most families still decorate eggs at home or buy professional ones from farmer's markets. In my family, we have some bought but always decorate some ourselves too.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

SnowCat wrote:I think I need to plan a remembrance for the ferries who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I've had a stressful few months in that regard.

Snow
I'm going to plant some cat grass for Sparta, next to her grave. I think she would like that. If there was anything she loved when she was alive, it was eating any and all plants. Also, the bonfire pit is in the backyard near her so I will be spending some time with her throughout the night as well. I sure do miss her.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

It is my goal to get my entire house clean and organized before Beltane... It was supposed to happen before Ostara, but never did...

I want to made Orange and Strawberry bread to go on the side of a salad... and I am thinking that some prosecco may be in order.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

TwilightDancer wrote:
SnowCat wrote:I think I need to plan a remembrance for the ferries who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I've had a stressful few months in that regard.

Snow
I'm going to plant some cat grass for Sparta, next to her grave. I think she would like that. If there was anything she loved when she was alive, it was eating any and all plants. Also, the bonfire pit is in the backyard near her so I will be spending some time with her throughout the night as well. I sure do miss her.
Sparta has been welcoming others who have crossed. I know she was there when Fiona crossed. I don't know how she felt about big smelly dogs when she was on this side, but she welcomed Fiona.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”