What to do on Friday 13th

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Obsidian

What to do on Friday 13th

Post by Obsidian »

I apologise of this is on the wrong section, but it seemed most appropriate to post it here.

So this Friday is Friday 13th and I was wondering if and how you celebrate it. I Googled it, and got some not so spooky responses (bake cookies, leave 13 coins as a tip, phone a friend) :roll:
Bychan Wulf

Re: What to do on Friday 13th

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Well,in the morning I will present my project for the German language diploma and at noon,maybe I'll celebrate with my friends (ice skating and hot wine with fruits).
Not exactly what I would voluntarily plan to do,but I can work with what I have ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I will be heading to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs with my daughter and grandkids. My middle granddaughter gets to have her water park destination birthday this year. She's always wanted a water park birthday bash, but January in Colorado isn't really conducive to that.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Obsidian

Post by Obsidian »

Both things sound great. Best wishes to both of you.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I didn't realise it's going to be this date.
Well I guess it's a great time to watch or read something spooky!
Or do something adventurous to prove you're not afraid of bad luck.
BTW Bychan, I've always had luck on my Friday 13th exams and I'm sure you'll have it, too!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Were going to do full moon ceremony that night, so it would be fun to do some lucky things. Maybe break glass? I'm all for hearing what you guys feel about the day. I have always felt it to be a lucky day, my daughter was always #13 in all her sporting teams...no triskaidekaphobia for this prestidigitator! Or my little witch :D
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Obsidian wrote:Both things sound great. Best wishes to both of you.

And
moonraingirl wrote:BTW Bychan, I've always had luck on my Friday 13th exams and I'm sure you'll have it, too!
Thank you both!
firebirdflys wrote:I'm all for hearing what you guys feel about the day.
No triskaidekaphobia here either,but it's better to be safe than sorry! Sometimes it's good though,because you get to blame the "spooky date" instead of yourself :-D(it can really be a good excuse,especially if you are an incurable procrastinator.)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I'm thinking about getting a bad luck tattoo. I got a black cat last year, so I'm thinking I'll just get the number thirteen this year :)
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

Who here knows why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky? No googling to cheat. I hold everyone to their honour on that
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Something about the knights Templar as I recall
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I was always told that it had to do with the Crucifixion being on Friday and 13 people being at the Last Supper.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh ya! That too...seems there was several reasons.

I wonder if 13 moons in a solar year has a part in this somehow.

Oh and Smogie where might you place this ink?
As a teenager I had a rather crummy 13 tattooed on my forearm and was constantly questioned about it, it got weary some being confronted. I've gone through 2 removal processes and it is still somewhat visible. Course people were more closed minded about women and tattoos back then.
Anyway sounds like a plan, will your tattoo artist let you cast a circle and make it a sacred process??
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I heard about Templars, too.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

firebirdflys wrote:Oh ya! That too...seems there was several reasons.

I wonder if 13 moons in a solar year has a part in this somehow.

Oh and Smogie where might you place this ink?
As a teenager I had a rather crummy 13 tattooed on my forearm and was constantly questioned about it, it got weary some being confronted. I've gone through 2 removal processes and it is still somewhat visible. Course people were more closed minded about women and tattoos back then.
Anyway sounds like a plan, will your tattoo artist let you cast a circle and make it a sacred process??
Bb, Firebird
I'm thinking the back of my ankle. It will be visible only when I want it to be, but covered in professional situations. 13 is a magical number for me. This Friday the 13th will be the five year anniversary of mine and Cody's first date, he bought my wedding rings on Friday the 13th, I was admitted to the hospital and started receiving treatment for my anxiety on Friday the 13th- I just associate it with very positive life changes. I'm sure he would let me cast a circle, but it is a BUSY day for him. I'm just gonna bless a piece of jewelry before I go- I did it last time.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

firebirdflys wrote:Something about the knights Templar as I recall
Correct! The Knights Templar had gained too much popularity and the Pope at the time didn't like that the people loved them so much to the point of looking to them rather than the church for guidance so he sent out orders to all his generals to be opened on the same day (coincidentally it was Friday the 13th) that instructed them to apprehend and execute all the Knights.. Sadly it was largely successful and only a handful, including several of the highest ranking members, escaped and fled to Scotland where they were taken in by the Freemasons. To this day the Knights Templar do exist and are still affiliated with the Freemasons.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”