What to do on Friday 13th

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: What to do on Friday 13th

Post by SpiritTalker »

I thought it was the king of France who gave the order to round up Templers simultaneously on that date, for heresy charges. Allegedly the king borrowed money from the Templers who had the first banking system, and his depts were large. No doubt he had the OK from the pope for the charges of heresy. I also read someplace that the image on the shroud of Turin is of the Templar Jacque de Molai (sp?) not JC. Guess it just depends on sources.
Amphitrite

Post by Amphitrite »

I will be taking my son to our favourite cafe by the sea and indulging in hot chocolate, cake and scones :D I will be unlucky in that anything dairy and sweet makes me feel very ill - so worth it though, best scones in the world :D
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

smogie_michele wrote:
firebirdflys wrote:Oh ya! That too...seems there was several reasons.

I wonder if 13 moons in a solar year has a part in this somehow.

Oh and Smogie where might you place this ink?
As a teenager I had a rather crummy 13 tattooed on my forearm and was constantly questioned about it, it got weary some being confronted. I've gone through 2 removal processes and it is still somewhat visible. Course people were more closed minded about women and tattoos back then.
Anyway sounds like a plan, will your tattoo artist let you cast a circle and make it a sacred process??
Bb, Firebird
I'm thinking the back of my ankle. It will be visible only when I want it to be, but covered in professional situations. 13 is a magical number for me. This Friday the 13th will be the five year anniversary of mine and Cody's first date, he bought my wedding rings on Friday the 13th, I was admitted to the hospital and started receiving treatment for my anxiety on Friday the 13th- I just associate it with very positive life changes. I'm sure he would let me cast a circle, but it is a BUSY day for him. I'm just gonna bless a piece of jewelry before I go- I did it last time.
I always cast my circles mentally. It saves a lot of strange looks.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SnowCat wrote:I always cast my circles mentally. It saves a lot of strange looks.
There ya go, no one can prevent worship in your mind and heart :D

When my daughter had her belly button pierced it was a full moon on her birthday, the piercer was a friend of mine and the whole tattoo parlor consisted of pagans. There was a nice circle cast for her. It was a fun day, I took her out of school even,
so that she could recieve her piercing right when the moon turned full. It felt like a real clandestine meeting :D .....nothing to do with friday the thirteenth :roll:
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I had a fun weekend planned for my granddaughter. Maybe I should have picked a different day. It was Friday the 13th, with a huge moon. I-25 southbound had an accident tying up traffic just south of Castle Rock. Google maps was routing everyone around it on a side road. Then we all had to turn around and go back because of an accident there. It took two and a half hours for a sixty mile drive. It was ridiculous.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

I charged some crystals with the energy of the day. :fairy:

Clear quartz.
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

We made our own little pots of gold out of clay and charged them up with a shamrock inside.
Use the pot on top of things you wish to bring luck to, if the are small enough, like a ring, the pot it in the pot. It was a fun circle.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

Well I just play some yugioh, vanguard, buddyfight, with my shadow.

Then play some ps4 games.
Then I pray.
Eat lunch, and go about my day.

I don't let bad luck into my day.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please pay attention to capitalization and punctuation when posting! Thank you!
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:Who here knows why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky? No googling to cheat. I hold everyone to their honour on that
(Paraphrased from a book on superstitions)

Actually possibly it isn't.

13 has been unlucky throughout history, Friday unlucky, together? Not unlucky until the Victorians.

B*llocks? No almanacs. Among other things, historical almanacs were a record of unlucky dates (no Friday 13ths).

I doubt the instigators of the Knights Templar cull who after all wrote history considered it unlucky; the death of all those heretics?

Infamous perhaps.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

If asked if I, as a witch, worried about superstitions?

I would reply "Not that much beyond coorespondances. Most of them are written by people worried about people like me".
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I must disagree to some extent. In 1314, Pope Clement V was under the control of Philip IV of France. This was the period when the Pope was held in the limits of Avignon. [that way Philip could say he was not holding the Papacy hostage. It's one of those complicated Noble vs. Clergy vs Noble/Clergy vs Italian states vs. the start of French nationalism. And that's the short explaination} The Templars reason for being was gone as there were no Crusades anymore. However, the Templars had become the first international banking establishment in Europe. Most of the High Nobility of all Europe were indebted to them to some degree. Philip was the most indebted, probably to the point that he owed more then the worth of his holdings. This was before true nation states. You could milk your own serfs but you couldn't tax the vassals that owed fealty to you. The Templers held what could be considered veto power over Philips ability to wage war for his own fun and profit. He decided to liquidate his debts by liquidating his creditors. The Pope had delayed with ecclesiastic courts and investigations but had run out of things to do. Remember, the Pope was not proclaimed infallible until 1853. The Templars also had enemies in the Vatican. Though they most likely didn't do anything blasphemous in their initiation rites, they couldn't prove it since said rites were secret. Philip moved against the Knights and their Commander, Jacques de Molay, on Friday the 13th. The word had gone out from the Pope to arrest the Templars all over Europe. Since the commands for the arrests went out during early summer 1307 to be instituted on October 13,1307 [no radio in the day] and the knights in the Knights Templar belonged to the most powerful houses in Europe. The only reason Philip got de Molay and knights at other "Commanderies" was because de Molay was making a point about proving the Knights innocence. Although it's never been proven - the Templar fleet, some of the knights and some of the treasure went to the Sinclairs in Scotland. It further can't be proved but some knights made it as far as the St. Lawrence River. The bulk of the fleet was sold of into the Baltic fisheries [later to give RC's fish on Fridays] and bankrolled Robert the Bruce's successful bid for independence from Henry II of England. The majority of the knights, and treasure, made their way [also can't be proven] through the Vogues plateau into Switzerland. As to the "proofs" of these assertions of the likely actions of the Knights. (And yes, I've debated this and have heard different opinions) In the St. Lawrence Valley stone ruins have been found that are in the Templar style and have had C14 dating of associated charcoal to 1350 +/-. The Sinclair's church at Rosiland has new world plants shown in the stone work that was completed before 1400. The Swiss were serfs and peasants under the Hapsburg who had one of Europe's best armed forces. William Tell and that whole bit. By 1350 they were an independent non-monarchy. They became the first European republic since Rome. They did it the same way the Romans did. Solid infantry with the guts and discipline to thump anyone stupid enough to fight them. Soon after they were Europe's second banking house. They then supplied the guard for the Pope. I still think that was a really nice touch. De Molay was burned at the stake on an island in the middle of the River Siene on March18,1314.He was not given the mercy garrot usually given to Nobles. Philip hated him that much and Clement had that little power. De Molay liked them even less. He cursed Philip and Clement with death within a year and a day. He further cursed Philip that his House should soon fail. Within less then a year, Clement died of an illness and Philip died in a hunting accident. In the 13th year after de Molay's death the House of Coped, which had ruled France for more then 300 years was no more. As to the Free-Masons, the only connection they have with the Templars is DeMolay is the name that Scottish Rite [most prevalent rite in the USA] uses for their youth organization.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”