Summer solstice - Spells and rituals

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Natascha90

Summer solstice - Spells and rituals

Post by Natascha90 »

Summer solstice is coming up. What are some spells and rituals done at this time?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Summer solstice - Spells and rituals

Post by SpiritTalker »

I'm a sunrise observer myself. I like to mark the shadow of the peak of my neighbor's roof on my wall as the sun comes over the artificial horizon of the expressway. It's like an urban Stonehenge. Our current 10-day weather forecast is rain, again.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I'll be preforming a handfasting in the Sierras this year! :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Natascha90

Post by Natascha90 »

SpiritTalker- that sounds really beautiful! The rain will be amazing though, I always want to just run through the rain... It gives me a loving energy!

firebirdflys- I can only amazing how beautiful the handfasting will be!
Natascha90

Post by Natascha90 »

Do you think this is a good time to find my Wiccan name? I have been trying but with no luck, I do know I have the greatest pull towards cats but I am unsure if the pull is telling it has something to do with my spirit animal, familiar or name.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

A gazzillion years ago I did my personal dedication at noon on summer solstice...in a t-storm. Ah, fond memories. It is a very power-filled day, all day long, for any witchy business.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Natascha90 wrote:Do you think this is a good time to find my Wiccan name? I have been trying but with no luck, I do know I have the greatest pull towards cats but I am unsure if the pull is telling it has something to do with my spirit animal, familiar or name.
Have you put pencil to paper and just started scribbling?
The solstice may be a good time for clarifying your scribbles. Spend the next several days writing down the things you like and are drawn to, also use your given name in different letter arrangements and possibly add that to "cat" or "kat". Use an old nickname with rearrange letters. Or during your Solstice circle, see if any animals appear at an auspicious moment, they may be included in your name. Best wishes for a great holiday!
Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Natascha90

Post by Natascha90 »

I will certainly try that! Thank you for this.

I do know cats have very big part of my soul. I'm constantly told that I even act like a cat sometimes. But thank you Firebird, I am going to do what you've suggested!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Some people like to use numerology in their name, either with their birth number or power number. So that the letters add up to a number that means something to you. Or even so that the name reads the same forward and backward.
Also maybe there is something that you wish to embody, like I chose Firebird so that new things are revealed to me by burning thrrough the old. There may be a God or Goddess you wish to embrace, using all or part of their name might work.
I have one other idea, what do friends call you? Maybe that has some evidence as to what name you could embrace.
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

SpiritTalker wrote:I'm a sunrise observer myself. I like to mark the shadow of the peak of my neighbor's roof on my wall as the sun comes over the artificial horizon of the expressway. It's like an urban Stonehenge. Our current 10-day weather forecast is rain, again.
What a fantastic practice! It surely helps you be in the moment and pay attention to changing seasons. Oh I Like that so much. I'll have to invent something similar I can do.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Well I learned from it. 1. It shows the sun's path, or the Earth's wobble, over the years. I use a pencil to mark the wall. 2. It takes three days after the 21st for the the shadows to square up true to a compass. I believe this has to do with my geographic location being north of the equator. The three day delay is consistent.

One year I planted a couple of pots of wheat on my patio to harvest for Lamas, and it put me in touch with planting, growing and harvesting cycles. City kid prefers her loaf of bread from the grocery store. But that's another holiday.
Natascha90

Post by Natascha90 »

firebirdflys wrote:Some people like to use numerology in their name, either with their birth number or power number. So that the letters add up to a number that means something to you. Or even so that the name reads the same forward and backward.
Also maybe there is something that you wish to embody, like I chose Firebird so that new things are revealed to me by burning thrrough the old. There may be a God or Goddess you wish to embrace, using all or part of their name might work.
I have one other idea, what do friends call you? Maybe that has some evidence as to what name you could embrace.
Bb, Firebird
I have been looking at my zodiac sign, what elements it aligns with as well as the Goddess Bast. I had a recent dream where the God Ra made an appearance... I'm still working that one out. I am actually enjoying this journey of finding my name. Many things are making appearances and its excited to find meaning in all of them.

Blessings

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”