Ostara Plans?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Katrinkah

Ostara Plans?

Post by Katrinkah »

Hello All,

Ostara is right around the corner and this will be the first one I celebrate since I'm a newbie Wiccan. I am super excited to go camping and do the ritual that Ravencry posted previously! Thanks Ravencry :flyingwitch:

What is everyone else doing? Any special plans and or celebrations? In what ways are yall planning to be re-born? I want to know everything!? Lol :P

Katrinkah
Lord_of_Nightmares

Re: Ostara Plans?

Post by Lord_of_Nightmares »

I plan to honor Ostara even if she is not a historical goddess. I just bought special candle holders to call quarters outside.
I am the Earth, The Sun and the Stars
And I am the also the Moon
I am all animal and birds,
And I am the outcast as well, and the thief
I am the low person of dreadful deeds,
And the great person of excellent deeds
I am Female. I am Male and I am Neuter.
- Devi
Siona

Post by Siona »

I do a dawn ritual each year. I watch the sun rise if I can (hopefully it won't be cloudy this year), and offer incense and mead to Artemis as a goddess of the dawn (one of her lesser known roles these days), since I consider the spring equinox to be the 'dawn' of the year. I will also make offerings and pray to Xáusōs, another dawn goddess. Later in the day I will probably do a house blessing with some egg charms, and I want to make braided egg bread for my family to enjoy.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Thanks peeps. These posts make me want really brush up on my knowlege of the gods and goddesses. I read Buckland's book on Wicca and it focused more on the practices and beliefs. There are so many different gods and goddesses that I find it a bit overwhelming. I kinda just pray to a general universal source energy. Though it might be helpful to have a more specific focus. I know different gods/goddesses represent different energies. Anyway, thanks for sharing!
SirisDerp

Post by SirisDerp »

I'm planning to do a tarot reading and bake some bunny inspired bread to leave out for that day. Either bread or make deviled eggs. Nothing too big planned yet I find this holiday to be fun! It has an uplifting energy feeling to it and I just want to enjoy basking in that.
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

You know, I haven't even really considered what I was wanting to do. Cody and I have talked about coloring eggs this year, so we will see if that actually happens.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Ooo. I'll definitely do a tarot reading. And coloring eggs sounds fun, but I don't know how convenient that would be while camping...
Bellatrixx

Post by Bellatrixx »

This will be my first time celebrating Ostara as well. I think I plan to clear a spot for my Garden and clean around my yard. I also will make a Lamb dinner and do a small ritual similar to Ravencrys. Ive been on the hunt for other special things I can do to celebrate. smiley_dance
Autumn Jewel

Post by Autumn Jewel »

Going to start preparing this week ahead of time by doing a major spring cleaning overhaul. Cleaning out old clothes, junk, do some scrubing, decorate for spring, preparing my altar, etc. On Ostara itself, a small blessing ritual, tarot reading, and crystal elixir mixing. Maybe I'll even bake some cookies or something.
"And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music."

Someone told me to stop living in a fantasy land.
I nearly fell off my unicorn.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I guess it's time to start thinking about it. This will be my first time observing or even knowing about Ostara and the kids will still have Easter. So I need to figure out how I want to observe this day. Likely I will see the dawn by virtue of the time I drive to work :/ but work is necessary even on pagan holidays.
Becks

Post by Becks »

Bellatrixx wrote:This will be my first time celebrating Ostara as well. I think I plan to clear a spot for my Garden and clean around my yard. I also will make a Lamb dinner and do a small ritual similar to Ravencrys. Ive been on the hunt for other special things I can do to celebrate. smiley_dance
Hi there Bellatrixx. It's always nice to see a new 'face'. While you're visiting, please head over to the introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself so we can say a proper 'hello'. :D
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

It will be Mabon in the Southern Hemisphere but I still plan on painting eggs with my kids ☺

I plan on having a feast with my husband and kids for Mabon.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

These sound wonderful! I'm so excited! Happy Ostara :D
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Autumn Jewel wrote:Going to start preparing this week ahead of time by doing a major spring cleaning overhaul. Cleaning out old clothes, junk, do some scrubing, decorate for spring, preparing my altar, etc. On Ostara itself, a small blessing ritual, tarot reading, and crystal elixir mixing. Maybe I'll even bake some cookies or something.
My husband and I are planning some spring cleaning too :( Time to minimize and get rid of everything we have not used in over a year. I'm not excited about this. Lol.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

Bellatrixx wrote:This will be my first time celebrating Ostara as well. I think I plan to clear a spot for my Garden and clean around my yard. I also will make a Lamb dinner and do a small ritual similar to Ravencrys. Ive been on the hunt for other special things I can do to celebrate. smiley_dance
Awesome Bellatrixx! Glad to see another newbie. Haha. Have a happy first Ostara!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”