Mabon

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
smogie_michele

Mabon

Post by smogie_michele »

I know that some people celebrate on the 21st no matter what, but I always go by the calender's equinox which happens to be today. Anyways, I just wanted to know what everyone was doing or already did.
I have two candles lit, a white and black to represent equal parts of night and day.
I'm making a huge pot of chili to share with my friends, my fiance and I are writing out our blessings to hang somewhere that we can see it at all times, then we are going for a nice long walk at a park with our puppies to spend some time with the elements. Prior to this we deep cleaned the house to prepare it for colder weather and turning inside for the upcoming winter.

That is just us, what do you do?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Heartsong

Re: Mabon

Post by Heartsong »

Well, my granddad's birthday is the 22nd of September, and since he passed away last year, we went to his grave and put fresh flowers out (my mom, my grandma, and my siblings). It was a quiet, family thing we were able to do, and it was my way to sort of start welcoming autumn. I plan to do a ritual this weekend, just to feel a bit more witchy about it, with my brother and we'll probably build a bonfire and do a bit of dancing, make it a little more of a celebration.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha! It'sa comming up quick. This year on the 22nd.
What will you all do? I've had a big day picking apples, will probably make applesauce to freeze and a couple pies. Yum!
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AutumnFox

Post by AutumnFox »

By chance, I had my first appointment with a counselor today, to help me with some of the things I'm dealing with. While not directly Mabon-celebratory, it's an auspicious start to my favorite season!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Nice :fairy: A very auspicious time to open doors! Merry Mabon!
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

We celebrated both full moon and Mabon this year - in the old house we ignored a lot of the holidays because well, the environment sucked for us and we didn't have so much reason to celebrate.

Made an altar this year even with all the peppers and chilis I got.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”