“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Samhain

Post by Firebird »

Hello again, here is another idea for Samhain...
write on a piece of paper the behaviors or attitudes you wish to be relived of:
(remember you cannot change the will of another person)
use dark paper and dragons blood ink or a red pen. (flash paper if fun if you can get it, or you can make it.)
once inside he consecrated circle, raise your energy and when the time is right....into the fire with the papers...or if you cannot have a fire use a candle in a metal bucket. If it burns up quickly and completely...your wish should easily come to pass, if it won't light or does not fully burn, you may still have trouble with the issue you wish to release.

here is a song we sing sometimes for this one.

circle round the fire, to raise the cone of power,
to bring what we desire, so mote it be...
weave the magic by the moonlight, dance the circle all night long.
weave the magic by the moonlight, dance and sing the witches song.
(repeat) and (repeat) ...etc...
untill you feel you have raised sufficient energy.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

I may have to do that, Firebird! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I am thinking of having a dumb supper. I am also planning to do a ritual on the 29th and on the 30th, lighting candles and incense. Then later that night I plan to honor the deities and my ancestors.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi ladywhitewolf! Dumb-supper is a great idea!!, in fact that is a traditional part of our Samhain celebration. A mass potluck with all the yummy comfort foods. A place is set at the head of the table for the dearly departed, and whom ever leads the rite, also leads the supper prayer, ...that usually speaks of the ancestors, the end of the year, the beginning of the year, and all we have to be grateful for, and why we are silent at this meal. After the prayer we are in silence, and as folks serve their plates ...they offer some from their plate to the ancestor at the head of the table. We usually manage to be silent through most of the meal...'till someone cracks up or is in a zone and just forgets to be silent. It is a very powerful way to connect with the departed who are unable to speak, and with your own mortality.
Have a great "dumb"supper! Blessings!
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Oooh dumb supper! Love that! :)
Everyone, it is getting close to Samhain...can you feel the spirits amongst us? Can you feel the change in the air? The Crone is reaping what's been sown and the Lord is going to the Summerland. Free yourself from past burdens and prepare for a brighter future. Honor the dead and your spiritual ancestors. Ask the Crone to shed Her wisdom on you...and honor the Old God. Mourn The Lady's loss, but know the God will soon be reborn by the Great Mother Goddess!!!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
drago25

Post by drago25 »

For me its probley going to be work, dinner, play with the hyper active ferret, then maybe a ritual depending on if my family will leave me alone
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Could you get your family involved in the ritual, Drago?
Chleo

Post by Chleo »

I have set up my altar already to match our blessed Samhain. I put up my altar with the colors of orange and black and I will have pictures of my those who I love that have passed. I will also add a basket with apples, pumpkins, squash, and root vegetables symbolizing the end of the harvest. I will add symbols of death such as skulls and skeletons. Mulled wine, sugar skulls and soul cakes shall also be made! I will do ritual to honor my ancestors and then maybe some Divination.

Brightest Blessings,
Chleo
drago25

Post by drago25 »

raynelae wrote:Could you get your family involved in the ritual, Drago?
nope most of my family are pets that don't know how to stay still, the only person in my family that i live with has no interest in religion or anything thats spiritual. I'm also at the point of avoiding her as much as possible other then for the weekend shopping trip.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

So unfortunately Hurricane Sandy (a.k.a. Frankenstorm) is hitting the East Coast, so I expect that'll ruin a lot of trick or treating plans and outdoor rituals for pretty much that whole week.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
ladywhitewolf

Post by ladywhitewolf »

Yes. I won't be able to do anything outdoors since Hurricane Sandy is headed here. Last year it snowed on my birthday [October 29th] and this year we get a hurricane. Blech. I am still planning to do an light candles and do a small ritual indoors on the 29th and the 31st.
Jessica [aka Whitewolf]
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Prayers to those in the path of Sandy. I know the Goddess will protect you! As for outdoor plans..I'm doing none of my Samhain rituals outdoors because I like to have my rituals at night and I'm not comfortable with being outside during the night when it's October. I can sense the spirits amongst me and it's something that makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Thanks Raynelae! Yeah, I'll probably spend some of my weekend preparing for the storm. Because it's so near the full moon, I'm going to be making moon cakes for blessings and sharing them with my friends during Samhain itself when I have them over for a Halloween party.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

For everyone carving pumpkins (I did today :) ) while carving, whisper your intentions of protection into the pumpkins and ask the Goddess to bless your home through the coming seasons. This is sure to ward off evil spirits and negativity. Happy pumpkin carving!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”