Lammas 1st August

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Tylluan

Lammas 1st August

Post by Tylluan »

So what are you all going to do for Lammas this year? Its fast approaching now.

I'm going to be busy making a plait loaf, sticky honey buns, making corn dollies and I'm going through all my books for inspiration for a little something new, and of course working out what I'll be working on Lammas.

Blessed be Demeter goddess of the harvest

xx
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Re: Lammas 1st August

Post by JBRaven »

I will be doing a good cleaning before the fall when it starts getting chilly here. Change the curtains to drapes. I will make some sweet breads to give to my friends and community. Blackberry pies, barley mushroom soup and Roasted garlic corn. Lilly and I will make corn dollies as well.
Symandinome
Banned Member

Post by Symandinome »

I will end up baking something but I am not sure what yet. Some sort of sweet bread more than likely. I think a might make a dollie out of some grasses over here that look like wheat but i am not sure what they are.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Excellent sounds like we'll all be busy :)

I love Lammas its one of my favourite sabbats. It love thinking back to the limp school harvest festivals, when other kids would take the tins and packets soup for the old folk hampers. I saw little point in that, it didn't bring home the harvest to me. When I got home it came alive. My Mum would be busy making Jam, breads and cakes (I always took a jar of homemade jam for the Harvest Festival). Me and my sisters would go and pick blackberries from the hedgerows, or cherry plums and mum would make blackberry and apple cobbler or plum crumble. All these years later and we are the ones doing the cooking now. The Cherry plums are ripe now and there are hundreds of ripe blackberries. I make sure we don't pick too many from the same bush though so the birds have plenty to eat.

I've decided to try a Lammas fire and sacrifice my bad habits by writing them on leaves and throwing them on the fire :D
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”