Spellwork and Sabbats

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
The White Rabbit

Spellwork and Sabbats

Post by The White Rabbit »

Blessed (slightly early) Beltane to whoever is reading this :D . So- I've seen mixed information on casting spells on sabbats. Some people prefer to treat them as "resting days" and avoid spellcasting on sabbats (though they may participate in workings/rituals aimed at celebrating the holiday), but others say that the sabbat's energy can "add to" their workings. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this. If you do cast spells on sabbats, do you also take things like time or lunar phase into consideration?
NeverMoonAWerewolf

Re: Spellwork and Sabbats

Post by NeverMoonAWerewolf »

We do most of our spellwork on sabbats in my family.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I wouldn't say we do spells per-say but more of a celebration using the energy of the holiday to promote change within...or without. That is usually achieved through a ritual action of some sort. Like this Beltane we'll walk between two fire to promote protection, health and blessings in the coming summer months.

I'm of a mind that goes with do as you "need". You may not have the luxury to wait until a Sabbat, full moon or dark moon.
When that is the case, use the time of day, or planetary hour to add energy to your spells.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

As a solitary I do spells as needed and apply the seasonal force of growth or decline on sabbats.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I agree with the Key of Solomon the King, which says spells need to be calculated with keen and detailed observations, but if you have some mastery, the flow of intuition is the most important.

I celebrate Sabbats in a mirthful manner, to render homage to Goddess and God and bless the time of the wheel of the year it represents.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”