Ritual to find your Spirit Guide

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Dancing_Moon_Child

Ritual to find your Spirit Guide

Post by Dancing_Moon_Child »

RITUAL TO FIND YOUR SPIRIT GUIDE

Items Needed: Altar Candle, Day Candle (Monday-white, Tuesday-red, Wednesday-purple, Thursday-blue, Friday-green, Saturday-black, Sunday-yellow), Offertory Candles - 3 Violet Candles, 3 White Candles, Tools: Athame to inscribe candles, Crystal ball or clear glass of water, Incense: anise, cardamom, and coriander. Oil: jasmine, lemon, rose and sandalwood, Timing: Best done during the Mercury hour of the day, although any hour should work. Any moon phase is appropriate.

Preparation: Breathe deeply and build a ball of protective light around you. While soaking in your ritual bath, meditate on the whole ritual: the steps you will take and what you wish to say to your spirit guide when you make contact.

Ritual: Enter the circle in the Hour of Mercury. Light the incense. With the oil, dress the Altar Candle and the Day candle while concentrating on the purpose of the ritual. Light your Altar Candle and Day Candle and state your intent: "I am here to make contact with my Spirit Guide, and to acknowledge him or her".

Violet Candle #1 inscribe it using your Athame with the word "Spirit." Dress it with oil. Light the Violet Candle #1, direct your energies into it and say: "Here do I light the first Lamp of Spirit. May its light reach out across the barriers from this world to the next. May it make contact with that World of Spirit into which we will eventually enter".
. Take your censer or incense wand and swing it around, censing the whole area around the altar while rhythmically repeating the word "Merge" and building up energy to focus. Replace the censer.

Violet Candle #2. Inscribe it with the word "Spirit" and dress it with oil. Put it back on the altar, light it and say: "Here do I light the second Lamp of Spirit. May its light also reach out across the barriers from this world to the next. May it make contact with that World of Spirit and help spread the light, illuminating the passageway between our worlds".
. Again take the censer or incense wand and sense the entire area around while chanting the word "Merge." Build up your energy to focus.

Violet Candle #3, inscribe it with the word "Spirit," dress it with oil, charge with your energy, light it and say: "Here do I light the third Lamp of Spirit. May the light from these three lamps blend and grow, dispelling all darkness and lighting the way that my Spirit Guide may come to me and speak with me here today".
(Insert) . Again take the censer or incense wand and sense the entire area around while chanting the word "Merge." Build up your energy to focus.

3 White Candles - Inscribe the three white candles with the word "Truth" and anoint each candle with oil. Light the three candles in the order of 1, 2, 3, and say: "Here do I build Truth. As these candles burn throughout this ritual, their power generating nothing but truth in all that transpires between this world and the next. Through these candles there is truth in all communications that come to me".
. Again cense the altar area while chanting "Merge." Replace the censer.

Sit comfortably while continuing to chant and gaze into the crystal ball, or the clear glass of water. Continue chanting until you feel it is right to let the chant taper off. Continue to quietly look into the crystal ball or glass, not trying to picture anything. Keep your mind blank, so whatever comes will appear and will come in it's own free will. Gaze into the center of the crystal and blink naturally. Try not to notice anything in your peripheral vision, just the center of the crystal. Eventually a face or figure will appear. This may take a long time, or it may appear almost immediately.
. If it doesn't come at all within approximately 20 minutes, abandon this attempt, extinguish the candles in the order in which they were lit, leave the altar set up, and try this ritual again in three days. You should have results within a month at most.

When a figure does appear, ask if he/she is your Spirit Guide. You will hear an answer, you may not hear it out loud, or even see the figures lips move, but you will be aware of the answer. This is how most conversations will proceed. You will ask your questions mentally (or out loud) and the answer will be clear inside your mind. Ask if you have more than one Spirit Guide. If yes, ask them to appear also. You may ask anything you wish to know, but it is better to establish a connection first where your Spirit Guide may appear to you at any time, or at specific times, so that you can converse with any other spirits through him/her. When you have finished speaking with your guide, thank him/her, then sit for a moment with your eyes closed, meditating on all that you have learned. Extinguish the candles in reverse order to clear the circle.

I myself didn't use this ritual but it seems to be (among my friends and mentors anyway) a very good ritual to use. I used Medicine Cards for my totem and to introduce myself to my Spirit Guides.

Peace and Love,
Dancing Moon Child
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

There will be a lot of people very grateful that you posted that ritual Dancing Moon Child. It sounds like a very good idea for meeting your Spirit Guide. Thanks for sharing what you know with us.

Marie*

Post by Marie* »

I for one, am very obliged. Thank you. i once was in touch with my spirit guide, however, I ahve lost my centerness (is that a word? You know what I mean). I think once I get back to the life I want I will find it again.
Marie
moonsprite

Post by moonsprite »

is there a simpler way? i have been into wicca for 2 years know but i do not consider myself more than a beginner because i know i still have a lot to learn. i would very much like to meet my spirit guide but is there a simpler way? or maybe not meet my spirit guide but get a feel of it. if you know what i mean?!!?
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Hi :) i posted a meditation for meeting your spirit guide alittle while back, its pretty easy and i found it really good. Heres the link :

http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/f ... php?t=1045

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
darkestlight*

Thankz

Post by darkestlight* »

thanks so much dancing...this will really help, I have met my spirit guide but my friend who is also into this just cant seem to...I think this will help him alot :)
Lora
5moons

Post by 5moons »

I found my spirit guide another way but I heard that way works for people I have given it to.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Ritual to find your Spirit Guide

Post by SpiritTalker »

Bump to save

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”