Abracadabra still works

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Abracadabra still works

Post by SpiritTalker »

From Wikipedia:

Abracadabra is of unknown origin, and its first occurrence is in the second century works of Serenus Sammonicus, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. Several folk etymologies are associated with the word from phrases in Hebrew that mean "I will create as I speak", or Aramaic "I create like the word".

Abracadabra written in a triangular form as represented in Encyclopædia Britannica:
The first known mention of the word was in the second century AD in a book called Liber Medicinalis (sometimes known as De Medicina Praecepta Saluberrima) by Serenus Sammonicus, physician to the Roman emperor Caracalla, who in chapter 51 prescribed that malaria sufferers wear an amulet containing the word written in the form of a triangle.
ABRACADABRA
ABRACADABR
ABRACADAB
ABRACADA
ABRACAD
ABRACA
ABRAC
ABRA
ABR
AB
A
So improve your spells efficiency with abracadabra as part of spoken incantations.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Abracadabra still works

Post by Firebird »

This guy wrote an interesting article on the origins of the word.
http://aramaicnt.org/2014/01/29/abracad ... t-aramaic/

What I think is cool is the word spelled forward also reads abracadabra backward from the bottom to the top right and with that pattern forms the number 7. (Although that might work with any word of some length) I can see that would relate to a protective talisman. a mythical and prime number it relates to the magic of seven which is spiritual seeking. Look at the many significant 7 correlations seven days, seven sins, seventh heaven, seven virgins, the seven gates of Innana, seven seals, seven wonders, 7-7 days of mourning for Buddhists, seven sisters (The Pleiades)...from which it is said we all have descended from.

bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

So I should speak it before an incantation?
What Goes Around,Comes Around!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

That’d be one use, sure.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”