Incense & Magic Powders

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Incense & Magic Powders

Post by SpiritTalker »

smiley_dance Incense Powder

Grind all ingredients separately in a mortar & pestle (or use a blender). A “part” equals whatever size spoon you use. Blend well with fine sawdust for self lighting incense; or make a paper tube like a cigarette & fill it with herbs, stand it upright in sand & light the end; or burn mix on coals.

. Accelerate: 2 parts mace, 1 part cloves, 1part cinnamon
. Banishing: equal parts bay leaf & rosemary, 1/2 part black pepper & pinch of salt
. Blessing: equal parts cinnamon & all spice; or equal parts bay leaf & cumin
. Peace: equal parts parsley, sage, rosemary & thyme
. Scrying: equal parts angelica root, marigold flower, mugwort leaf, & 1/2 part wormwood leaf
. Ward off evil eye: 1 part ground coffee beans, 1 part cinnamon powder, 1/2 part unsweetened cocoa powder

Magic Sprinkling Powders

Use a spoonful each of 3 or more herbs, grind with a mortar and pestle. Blend the powdered herbs well and store the mixture in an envelope or jar. Label it! Powders are used 3-pinches at a time and sprinkled wherever needed, ie, where it will be walked thru.

. Accelerator: basil, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, black or red pepper, tea leaves
. Concentration: nutmeg, all spice, sage
. Divination: cinnamon, coriander,, clove, myrrh, yarrow, mugwort; or premixed “pumpkin spice” from the grocery shelf
. Forgiveness: red pepper corn flakes, red rose, red sandalwood
. Friendship: lily petal, lemon peel, rose petal, sweet pea flower
. Joy: 😺catnip, lavender, marjoram
. Healing: clove, lavender, orris root, vanilla bean; or all spice, myrrh, thyme
. Love: basil leaf, ginger root, lavender bud, lilac flower, lily o/t valley, orris root, rose petal, yarrow flower
. Good Luck: clover leaf. heather, frankincense, juniper berry, sandalwood
. Prosperity: all spice, almond nut, anise seed, dry beans, cashew nut, cinnamon, clover leaf, cloves, wheat, tea leaves, thyme
. Protection: angelica root, anise seed, basil, bay leaf, black pepper, cedar, cinnamon, clove, dill, garlic, marjoram, mint, mugwort, myrrh, oak leaf, orris root, pine, salt
. Visualization: bay leaf, marjoram & myrrh

Ref.Soraya
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Incense & Magic Powders

Post by Firebird »

Powders can be a great meditative magical action.
Presuming you are grinding your own herbs in a mortar, the action of smashing and pulverizing puts a large amount of energy into your powder. One concentrates on the use of the powder as you work, it can really get you in a zone.

I'll add one I've made for;
*Protection/purification- Salvia apiana- white sage.
Use the powder in place of burning it to cast your circle or to add protections at the quarters. The powdered method works well for people in the circle who have breathing issues. We have also used it to purify instead of smudging...and it smells wonderful while you grind. :mrgreen:

Something like cinnamon takes a bit more elbow grease than most of us can muster, so if you use something pre-ground spend some time charging and empowering the herb.
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”