Ritual for a loved one you didn't get to say goodbye to?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Lio

Ritual for a loved one you didn't get to say goodbye to?

Post by Lio »

Five years ago my paternal grandfather passed away from lung cancer. After my grandpa realized he was dying, my dad only took me to see him once, so I didn't get much time with him before he passed. When I was told by my dad that he in the hospital and make not make it, while I was on the way to the hospital he passed before I got there. After his death, my dad didn't take me to his funeral for whatever reason he had, so I didn't even get to see him one last time before he was cremated.

My dad and my grandpa didn't really get along, but my grandpa loved me very much and I loved him. Ever since he passed I've been grappling with the fact that I never got to say goodbye to him. Just this year, I've accepted that I'm a witch, and since then I've been considering doing a ritual to finally say my last words to him and get the regret I've had off my chest. The issue is I don't know much about spirit work and what would be a good and respectful way to do so, and I've never really heard of anyone doing a ritual like that.

So, would any of you wonderful people know of anything like what I'd like to do? Thank you in advance for any responses!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ritual for a loved one you didn't get to say goodbye to?

Post by Firebird »

I found this ritual, hope it is along the lines of what you need. viewtopic.php?p=136275#p136275 I looked for a death rite specifically and there wasn't one, Huh... can you believe that! We better get on that one. :fairy:
I'm sorry you are missing your grandpa, that's hard, he sounds like the positive male in your life. Keep that in your heart.
By the way come on over to the intros and let us know a bit of your journey next time you stop in.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Lio wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:29 pmThe issue is I don't know much about spirit work and what would be a good and respectful way to do so, and I've never really heard of anyone doing a ritual like that.
I think the maths behind this science is that you raise energy to call a soul, create a tunnel or portal so that the journey feels comfortable.

Ritual and details for this I actually wrote about recently since many people ask about this and it seems like an intriguing field of practice. https://www.sapphireroad.net/Commune-wi ... -spell.htm

Runes to be added I guess As rune for ancestors would be the most important one. Decoration with paternal symbols suitable to create the mood. Mind that if you summon a ghost you want to create environment where it feels comfortable so attune the place, at least altar with things related to such figure.

By the way the Greek art Necromanteia is known as necromancy and is often declared as black magic.
I think it is in essence the ''classical'' expression of witchcraft skills.
It comes with black colour and my vision of witches doing it on Saturdays fits well with traditions of Western Europe too.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
Lio

Post by Lio »

firebirdflys wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:44 am I found this ritual, hope it is along the lines of what you need. viewtopic.php?p=136275#p136275 I looked for a death rite specifically and there wasn't one, Huh... can you believe that! We better get on that one. :fairy:
I'm sorry you are missing your grandpa, that's hard, he sounds like the positive male in your life. Keep that in your heart.
By the way come on over to the intros and let us know a bit of your journey next time you stop in.
Blessings, Firebird
Thank you very much! That seems like a very comforting ritual and I can always draw inspiration from it for one with my specific intent in mind. Yes, my grandpa was definitely one of my more positive male role models. I think that's partly why it's so important to me! Thank you for your help :D
Lio

Post by Lio »

SapphireRoad wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:27 am
Lio wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:29 pmThe issue is I don't know much about spirit work and what would be a good and respectful way to do so, and I've never really heard of anyone doing a ritual like that.
I think the maths behind this science is that you raise energy to call a soul, create a tunnel or portal so that the journey feels comfortable.

Ritual and details for this I actually wrote about recently since many people ask about this and it seems like an intriguing field of practice. https://www.sapphireroad.net/Commune-wi ... -spell.htm

Runes to be added I guess As rune for ancestors would be the most important one. Decoration with paternal symbols suitable to create the mood. Mind that if you summon a ghost you want to create environment where it feels comfortable so attune the place, at least altar with things related to such figure.

By the way the Greek art Necromanteia is known as necromancy and is often declared as black magic.
I think it is in essence the ''classical'' expression of witchcraft skills.
It comes with black colour and my vision of witches doing it on Saturdays fits well with traditions of Western Europe too.
Thank you for sharing! That's very good advice, I definitely would like him to feel comfortable.
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Hold a 'dumb' or mute supper?

Put a period of time aside on your own, make a meal and set a second place for the person you wish to commune with. Eat in silence by candlelight while using your creative imagination to slowly recall every 'living' detail of them and draw forth their spirit. Find a communion of mind to spirit - words are not 'spoken' aloud in a mute supper.

Done slowly with intense focus, it can be an incredible experience.

-------

I sit and I think.

The table I sit at is laid; I laid it for you

A simple plate for a simple meal; I made it for you

I light a candle and I welcome you home.

And as we sit in silence I think.

Of your pleasure at my visit,

the pride upon your face.

At the golden haired rascal sitting at your bedside,

bounding off, out to race, in the summer sun that lifts the shadow,

the stain upon your face.

Cutting through the miasma of your pain.

Never surrendering your victory,

Your victory.

Your name.

And I speak of my wife and your grandchildren,

Of my hopes and my dreams,

My fears and my follies,

And your smile brings me equal measure of joy and pain.

Bittersweet

But is proper, it is right,

For love grows every time we speak,

Every time you speak to me.

And as I smile and as I think,

children caper in the street.

Dressed in motley;

Oblivious in their mischief,

revelling in their treat.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That's really nice Corbin, beautiful words.
Dumb-supper doesn't have to wait until Samhain to be utilized :fairy:

I'm going to move this over to post a "spell or ritual" forum.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”