Soap spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
BlackMirror

Soap spell

Post by BlackMirror »

Or a ritual I guess since it will be daily. Bought a bar of Earth soap at the local pagan shop. Carved a bind rune in it for grounding and intuition. Going to start using it daily until it's gone for October to get in the right mind set for the change in season and the more open exchange with the spirits. Just thought I would put it out there since I have now thought about doing this to regular bars for things like protection, anxiety, dreaming. You can also remelt soap and add herbs or oils for intent then carve. Also easy first spell for people looking to get started. Let me know if you try it and what it was like. I will try to keep updates going on how mine is working.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Soap spell

Post by SpiritTalker »

I like this idea.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

I used to carve a bit into soap. Thanks for reminding me.
Which rune is the bind rune?
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

SL wrote:I used to carve a bit into soap. Thanks for reminding me.
Which rune is the bind rune?
I used Ansuz and Eiwas together. Image
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Cool idea to blend them into one, I didn't know we can do it. Thanks!
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

SL wrote:Cool idea to blend them into one, I didn't know we can do it. Thanks!
:flyingwitch:
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

What is your experience with the Eiwas rune?
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

SL wrote:What is your experience with the Eiwas rune?

I look at is as a rune of change. Transformation. It's the Yew rune so I also associate it with Ull who sits on Wodan's seat when he is out traveling.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Can you help me?
The Yew,
I live in the city that has the word for a Yew tree in its middle. I'd be seeking ways to leave this otherwise profaned city but the Yew essence seems to be deeper and stronger than the frivolity of current inhabitants.
Also name of my love contains a reference to the Yew tree. (Not sure if she even lives since the most beautiful tree we considered ours was a willow specie called 'the cemetery willow'.) My name contains a word the way Greek Hades is pronounced.

Trouble being I still have little to no idea how to make this into a working system, how to make this - if it is one's nature - to be lived by a man walking on the Earth.

What is the Yew's will actually? How would it want to shape the city that belongs to it?
The purple/indigo corresp. to Eiwas seems to fit and the more I think of the Yew the more I see it as beautifully black.

Ull seems to be mysterious and not much defined in the present lore?
BlackMirror wrote: You can also remelt soap and add herbs or oils for intent then carve.
Will it regrow solid? Do you add any water in the process?
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

SL wrote:Can you help me?
What is the Yew's will actually? How would it want to shape the city that belongs to it?
The purple/indigo corresp. to Eiwas seems to fit and the more I think of the Yew the more I see it as beautifully black.

Ull seems to be mysterious and not much defined in the present lore?
BlackMirror wrote: You can also remelt soap and add herbs or oils for intent then carve.
Will it regrow solid? Do you add any water in the process?
To make the soap: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-New-Bar- ... rs-of-Soap

What I know about yews is they are poisonous. They can live a long time and they will split when heavy and keep growing. This gives them a thick bottom and large leaf spread. Ull or Ullr is the god of archery and skiing. Yew is a soft wood like pine but harder than most soft woods so it was used for bows. There is some speculation that Yggdrasil is not ash but yew. Seems to be an old species and sacred. The word for brown in German derives from yew so you seeing black or a dark color makes sense.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Sup Black Mirror I see you coming in on occasion. I remembered you cause I just bought a pomegrenade soap in Greek shop. Thanks for the references!

Concerning German.. Yew is Eibe, brown is Braun
Eibe looks like Eiwas rune related for sure. How do you come sure about brown etymology?
BlackMirror

Post by BlackMirror »

I have always seen Eihwaz to mean Yew, in reference to the world tree.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have made soap balls for use before ritual. They work well for ritual bath or shower and were empowered to cleans in preparation for circle.
You can get soap pretty cheap at the dollar store or use the small bars from motels (one way to get rid of all those accumulated over the years!)
Shave them with a cheese grater into a big bowl, add a small amount of dry crushed lavender buds, or maybe dry rose petals all crumbled up. Then add few drops of an appropriate essential oil, lavender or frankincense work well. Then add a very small amount of distiller or purified water, just enough to get the shavings a little wet so they will stick together well when you form the balls. Finally when you are forming the ball shove a small crystal into the center or other stone.
This is a super way to begin that connection to the ceremony at hand, OR for daily protection and purification. The oil is largely for it's energetic properties because most soaps have fragrance that will likely drown out the oil. You can get unscented castile soap which really works well for this. The herbs are also for their energetic properties, but don't use too much, the balls won't dry well. Same energetic idea for the stones, if you are making purifying soap ball use crystal, if you are trying to connect to your higher self or abstain from alcohol use amethyst. If you are going for grounding use obsidian like apache tear, a jagged piece clearly is not a good idea as obsidian can be razor sharp (use tumbled), find which stone is best for what you wish to accomplish.
After the balls are formed, let them sit out to dry until they become hard like a bar of soap *this is why you don't want to use too much water, it can make the plant materiel get yucky and weird and they take too long to dry. Once dry, wrap in wax or decorative packaging tissue, and label.
Have fun!
bb, Fiebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”