Writing Own Spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
LC

Writing Own Spell

Post by LC »

I have learned that I feel like I need to write my own spells. It just doesn’t feel right or genuine if I just take all the words completely from someone else.

I’ve been trying to find a book that will help me with the right/best way to word them. Is there a certain way or a certain book that would be helpful? Or should I just write what comes forth. I searched the forum to see if there was something dealing with the wording of spells but couldn’t find it. But knowing me, I probably just worded the search wrong.

Thanks!
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Writing Own Spell

Post by Firebird »

I like to rhyme with mine. trying to keep it short and to the point. The more words the more room for error.

Also be specific in your wording, phrase things in the positive avoiding any contractions of the word "no". Let the universe know what you do want and not what you don't want.
I'd like to elaborate more but got to get ready to go to the floral madness (work).
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There are rhyming dictionary aids & the Thesaurus & there are how-to's prompts in WC & Wicca 101 section, but i think they focus on the process & not how to word. A browse thru amazon can't hurt.

Each line gets re-written several times until it flows. Three-five lines is sufficient.
Get the general intent first
Put the intent into a positive phrases to avoid using negatives that confuse the subconscious ex: avoid using words for what you don't want. ie say is strong instead of will not bend or break because the negatives plant images of bending & breaking in your mind
Use plain speaking words
Give it a beat: ta-ra-ra-boom-dee-ay how did we get that way...
Do you want any of it to rhyme?

When im looking for rhyming leads I just run thru the alphabet. Say I want to rhyme with cat:
at bat cat drat fat frat gnat hat hazmat mat mishap pat rat sat tat vat yak (close) zap

The old stand by:
with knot one the spell's begun,
with knot two it comes true.

When I'm stumped for a rhyme I rearrange the order of the words. Eventually inspiration comes.
LC

Post by LC »

Thank you both!! That helps a lot! I didn’t know about the negatives that are like do not bend or break. I’ve read where it was like do not bend or break, and not saying that makes a lot of sense.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”