A spell for aiding concentration?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
GroundedDancer

A spell for aiding concentration?

Post by GroundedDancer »

Hi all!

I am having a terrible time getting along after an injury. I've healed mostly and now need to start moving again but my morale is low and thus the concentration and motivation to get my life going again is really bad.

Does anyone have a spell that I might be able to do to enhance concentration or motivation?
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Re: A spell for aiding concentration?

Post by planewalker »

Tiny Dancer, I just dropped a post on your dream. I know no spell. I have to NOT use private messaging {long story}. If you don't mind doing it publicly, I am one {expletive deleted} of a PT coach. I have fought my way back from 3 times dead in the ICU and waking after a twelve day coma unable to move. Took me 6 months but I walked out of that hospital after the Doctors told me I'd never be out of a wheel chair. I've been in a coma twice after that, not bad enough to lose everything, so those stays were shorter. I'm still on my feet. I'd be honored to help you get back dancing. There may be times you cuss me out. There may be times you will hate me. That's OK. That's when you'll "show that slave driver". I'm a healer. Let me help.

Edit: if doing it publicly bothers you ask Xiao Rong about it. Maybe she can come up with a third party to pass it through so I'm monitored but you don't need to have something personal so public. We'll find a way. My voice told me I had something important to do at EUTM. It'll work out.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Oo-o, Best wishes in your journey of recovery where every inch is celebrated as a mile.
You could adapt a 9-knot spell & wear the string of knots as an anklet; making the chain into a circlet. Wearing it serves as a motivating reminder. See the spells posting "Simple Spells" for instructions.
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

planewalker wrote:Tiny Dancer, I just dropped a post on your dream. I know no spell. I have to NOT use private messaging {long story}. If you don't mind doing it publicly, I am one {expletive deleted} of a PT coach. I have fought my way back from 3 times dead in the ICU and waking after a twelve day coma unable to move. Took me 6 months but I walked out of that hospital after the Doctors told me I'd never be out of a wheel chair. I've been in a coma twice after that, not bad enough to lose everything, so those stays were shorter. I'm still on my feet. I'd be honored to help you get back dancing. There may be times you cuss me out. There may be times you will hate me. That's OK. That's when you'll "show that slave driver". I'm a healer. Let me help.

Edit: if doing it publicly bothers you ask Xiao Rong about it. Maybe she can come up with a third party to pass it through so I'm monitored but you don't need to have something personal so public. We'll find a way. My voice told me I had something important to do at EUTM. It'll work out.
I think physically I'm doing pretty well, I just need to find the strength of mind and motivation to move past my fears and just start dancing/working out again. I'm afraid that I'll get re-injured and I'm afraid that I've lost all the great progress I was making before I got injured. I'm afraid to get back into classes where everyone is looking at each other competitively and probably at least a few steps ahead of me by now.
GroundedDancer

Post by GroundedDancer »

SpiritTalker wrote:Oo-o, Best wishes in your journey of recovery where every inch is celebrated as a mile.
You could adapt a 9-knot spell & wear the string of knots as an anklet; making the chain into a circlet. Wearing it serves as a motivating reminder. See the spells posting "Simple Spells" for instructions.
It's been a long road already, let me tell you. I've definitely come a lot farther than I give myself credit for though. I went from not being able to walk, to not being able to put pressure on my foot, to hobbling around on a cast-thing, to walking normally with the cast-thing, to walking without the cast on an ankle brace, to walking without the brace, to limping and slow walking without anything, to walking completely normally.

I like your idea, and I'll look into doing that! Thank you!
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Years back in my college days, one of the summer-jobs I'd worked was at a YWCA camp on Lk Huron. Our camp dance instructor was recovering from an injury and the camp job helped her gain strength, mobility and confidence. I'm ever grateful to her for telling me to push on my heel, not my toe, in a leg lift. Just sharing a thought.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

I can see why that could by unsettling. Keep in mind that the longer you wait the further behind you'll be. Your choreography is stunning. I see no reason your dancing won't return to and surpass your ability before the injury. I'll pray for blessings, stamina and full recovery of confidence in my religious capacity. I will repeat it daily for a month with my other devotions and see how you are at that point. If you need someone to talk to about anything I can help with, I'm a safe, non-judgemental vent zone. Just drop it in Planewalker's Medicine Wheel.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Concentration

Lit a yellow candle (for intellectual clarity) on Wednesday (day of Mercury).

I'm having problems with concentrating lately, studying, drawing, even engraving into candles... everything is way easier on Wednesday.
ᚩ ᚷ ᛒ (God and Goddess runes in union)
barker

Post by barker »

Lemon and rosemary essential oil burner.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

Nice combo thanks. About time to start evaporating oils after a long time again.
SapphireRoad

Post by SapphireRoad »

SapphireRoad wrote:Concentration
Lit a yellow candle (for intellectual clarity) on Wednesday (day of Mercury).
*Days and also hours of Mercury on other days.
Engrave Mercury sign into yellow, orange candles for organisation, turquoise for better communication.

Sort out intellectual stuff in hours of Mercury when needed to do so each day.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”