How do you incorporate magick into your daily life?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Wanderer022

How do you incorporate magick into your daily life?

Post by Wanderer022 »

Just curious about ways that you guys incorporate magick into your lives daily? How do you use it without thinking out specific spells or rituals first? How do you, or do you not, use it spontaneously?
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
HopefulChild

Re: How do you incorporate magick into your daily life?

Post by HopefulChild »

I wear a talisman. It is the core of my "path" so to speak.

I charge it in sunlight and I give it "privileges", if you will, when I'm wearing it. Essentially, it is there to supply me with energy when I might need it. It is also an anchor for my beliefs and I have recognized a pattern when I am not wearing it of being more distracted, easily put off course, and I have less will power when I forget to wear it.

I also use Tarot. Less to predict the future, than to get a "state of being" update and to gain insight into things that may be escaping my attention, that deserve consideration or contemplation.

I concentrate on the happiness of my family when cooking. The idea being that they are not just getting vitamins and nutrients, but also good energy from my efforts.

That's about it on a daily basis. Of course if we order take out, or go out for food, I don't pray over food that was made for us. I don't know why, but that has always seemed silly to me.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

HopefulChild wrote:I wear a talisman. It is the core of my "path" so to speak.

I charge it in sunlight and I give it "privileges", if you will, when I'm wearing it. Essentially, it is there to supply me with energy when I might need it. It is also an anchor for my beliefs and I have recognized a pattern when I am not wearing it of being more distracted, easily put off course, and I have less will power when I forget to wear it.

I also use Tarot. Less to predict the future, than to get a "state of being" update and to gain insight into things that may be escaping my attention, that deserve consideration or contemplation.

I concentrate on the happiness of my family when cooking. The idea being that they are not just getting vitamins and nutrients, but also good energy from my efforts.

That's about it on a daily basis. Of course if we order take out, or go out for food, I don't pray over food that was made for us. I don't know why, but that has always seemed silly to me.
Your talisman reminds me of the ring I charged! My ring is charged with self-love so to speak, so whenever I wear it I'm strongly reminded to be kinder to myself. Self-love is probably the most difficult skill for me to learn apparently.

I also understand the food thing. Although I still pray for it even if I didn't make it, because in my mind it still came from the earth. (Well some of it hehe) so if I don't thank the people I just thank the earth hehe. :)
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
smogie_michele

Post by smogie_michele »

I like to start the day with a one card drawing from my oracle deck. Whatever I draw, I try to incorporate it's meaning and lesson into my day.
I'm also a candle hoarder and have lit candles all over the house at any given point, so I will pick one and charge it with whatever energy is needed before lighting it.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Finding a parking space by the door; an essential skill to someone with a cane.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

SpiritTalker wrote:Finding a parking space by the door; an essential skill.
Teeheehee! Luckily I live on a farm so I don't have worries about that. :D :P

Blessed be *
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Yeh, we urban dwellers are spacially challenged.
Katrinkah

Post by Katrinkah »

I believe that intention is everything. The fuel for magic. And I try to live with intention 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

I was thinking of some of the little things that are so much a part of my day that i don't think of them; like the first thing in the day, before I get into any activities, I'll light a candle and stick of incense at the shrine I have for Quan Yin. A little later, after coffee has infused my brain, I'll work the prayer beads. The coffee itself is usually blessed with a sincere "thank you all ye heavenly hosts" ... it IS the first cup of the day. If I am conscious enough to cook, I always use my own herbal or spice blends. All were blessed in the making and have become standard operating procedure in cooking. There is a little shrine on my stove with a statue of the see-hear-speak no evil three monkeys and a bell next to the utensil holder, in which is a spare wand along with the silicone and wood spatulas, measuring spoons, etc. I have a travel safety protection charm bag in my car, draw sigils in the dust and Sometimes wear the pendant-of-the-day mood enhancer. I put tiny abundance runes on my checks when I pay bills, quickly bless donations, always wish the grocery store check out clerk a fine day, thank the bagger for their help because people should be recognized in their jobs. You get the idea, that it's just a zillion tiny little things that are just part of the day...or like Katrinkah said, just live the intention.

If you read the "think it, feel it, say it, let go" thread i outline an easy spell formula. I don't sling blue lights around like hash, but it really is simple, can be done any time, anywhere.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”