Cleansing and Blessing everyday items?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Wanderer022

Cleansing and Blessing everyday items?

Post by Wanderer022 »

I was wondering about this. Might be a bit weird and I feel silly for asking it. Like I feel quite stupid for asking this actually. LOL

If I, for example, buy a bottle of shampoo, and I cleanse and bless that shampoo, and charge it with the ability to cleanse me or to reinforce a certain mood for me (I'm talking in terms of crystals or herbs that have specific qualities), would it work? Can it be done?

How would you go about doing that if it could be done?
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Becks

Re: Cleansing and Blessing everyday items?

Post by Becks »

I do mundane things magically all the time.

It's not silly. It's a great use of your energy.

What are your thoughts? You must have had a few about this....I'm sure you're not without a clue so how would you guess you go about it? There are many ways to do this.
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Well I'm not very experienced with these types of things. I guess I'm just looking for pointers or suggestions. Obviously the cleansing process would depend on what it is I want to use. This is something I've thought of...

Perhaps for cleansing, (still using the shampoo as an example here), I could put the bottle into something and sprinkle salt around it, and visualise the salt pulling the negative energy out of it. For blessing, I could place it outside and ask the God and Goddess to bless it.

For charging, I could hold the bottle in my hand, and visualise what I want it to do, or how I want it to make me feel, which would usually be accompanied by saying something like "You will do..." or "You will make me feel like..." I feel like saying something like that over and over to something/someone helps me to direct energy because I'm talking to it. I'm shifting my intent on it.

As you can probably (or probably not?) tell, I'm very much a beginner at this. Advice is welcome!
"Wandering re-establishes the perfect harmony that once existed between man and the universe."

Blessed be *
Becks

Post by Becks »

That sounds really good to me. I especially appreciate that you are thinking to cleanse the item first of any negativity or attached energy before blessing it. That indicates to me that you do have some knowledge...that you are reading and thinking critically.

I also like that you are phrasing things positively (another really important point).

It's better for you to visualize the magic that works for you...rather than someone telling you what to do. It's great to check for understanding, but I believe in our own power to work strong magic for ourselves. It's personal, and it's ours.

Sounds terrific.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Wanderer022, I think that's a great idea. I've definitely heard of people blessing their soap, hairbrush, makeup, clothing, etc. for specific properties. Cleansing is a good idea, as is praying & charging it with your intent. I feel a lot of the power of a tool has to do with simply using it repeatedly for a specific purpose -- charging your shampoo once and then forgetting about it negates a lot of the effect. However, charging your shampoo to be cleansing and refreshing, and then thinking about that intention every time you use the shampoo reinforces that property to be much more powerful.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Wanderer022

Post by Wanderer022 »

Xiao Rong wrote:Wanderer022, I think that's a great idea. I've definitely heard of people blessing their soap, hairbrush, makeup, clothing, etc. for specific properties. Cleansing is a good idea, as is praying & charging it with your intent. I feel a lot of the power of a tool has to do with simply using it repeatedly for a specific purpose -- charging your shampoo once and then forgetting about it negates a lot of the effect. However, charging your shampoo to be cleansing and refreshing, and then thinking about that intention every time you use the shampoo reinforces that property to be much more powerful.
After making this thread I remembered I've already done this once! I bought a cheap ring. And I charged it with the ability to help me love myself more. (I have really bad self esteem.) Everytime I put on that ring I'm reminded that I need to be kinder to myself. And I also get a boost of confidence from it in public. :D

Blessed be *
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

When my cat was sick I blessed her medicine...funny, I never thought of blessing my own. Doh!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”