Spell Request: How To Soften My Heart

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
astrowitch

Spell Request: How To Soften My Heart

Post by astrowitch »

Recently, I've been getting irritated with my best friend even though he's been doing absolutely nothing wrong. I've just been extremely prickly with him as of late and he doesn't deserve that and its not until after the fact that I feel sorry for it, but by then, the deed has been done. I think I have found the root of the problme, but I'm only 60% sure and I am unable to try to handle the root problem at the moment. So in the meantime, I would like some temporary help to try to be a kinder person and banish the negativity I have.

Does anyone know a spell that can help me? Please, it is extremely important that I help myself be kinder. In my eyes, the strikes keep wracking up against me and its making me feel physically sick.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Re: Spell Request: How To Soften My Heart

Post by Silversong »

I don't know any preexisting spells to help, but I like to think I'm good at writing spells.

Before you do a spell, let me suggest this: apologize. Tell him you're sorry for your prickliness with him of late, that it's not anything he's doing, and that you'll try to remedy it if you can.

If you truly feel it necessary to do a spell, I'll help you. Having a list of what materials you have on hand/can easily get hold of would be helpful. (Candles, incense/oils/whatever, herbs, crystals/stones, etc.)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Great advice, Silversong, and a generous offer on your part to assist her with spell work. And it's really caring of you astrowitch to come here and ask for help with this. You don't really want to act as your are, but for whatever reason, at the moment you're needing an assist until things get better. You asked for help, coming from a place of love. The healing aspect of witchcraft shines in moments like these! :wink:

Sweetening Baths and Showers

Hmm. First thing came to my mind astrowitch is why not use the element of water to assist. Water is associated in most spiritual paths with emotions or cleansing. The squishy sounds of amniotic fluid were the first thing we all heard on a regular basis in our mothers' wombs, that and her heartbeat and voice. Water is the emotional cleansing of tears, and the washing away of exterior dirt. Water is transformation, the baptising of a thing that goes into water in one condition, then comes out in another (baptising's a pagan practice far-outdating Christianity, by the way).

With that in mind, perhaps try this ritual bath I posted a while back at a time when I too had some prickly feelings I was trying to overcome: Creating Goodwill within Me Bath. It really did soften my heart, at the time. I learned how powerful a spell ingredient honey can be, actually. Until things get better, maybe just do the ritual bath once a week, complete with the whole nine yards (candles, etc.) And on an as-needed basis during the week, create and use a honey-based shower gel (or purchase some at a natural foods store, then consecrate it at your altar with your intentions for it). As you shower, say affirming things to yourself.

Chillaxifying Herb Tea

A great tea (I've mentioned this a lot of times, haha) is Tension Tamer, found in most grocery stores in the States (not sure where you are, you could always call your local market and inquire before going, I guess). It' full of chill-out herbs that I swear are like taking Big Pharma mood meds...without taking Big Pharma mood meds. It is a must-have for me in the work environment. To be consistent with the "sweetening" theme, put a tablespoon of honey in each cup of tea. Take a coffee mug with you everywhere you go, keep filling it with hot water, and sip the tea throughout the day until the rough edges are softened, then stop (make sure you pack some Tension Tamer tea bags in your purse).

Spell Pendant

It seems like you're as traumatized by yourself as you imagine you must be traumatizing your man friend. Haha, don't worry, we've all been there. It seems like you could use some kind of energetic "warm blankie" to keep with you during the day as reassurance, reminder, empowerment, etc. Pendant vials are great for this (medicine bags are great, too). I've put anything from crystals, pennies, written affirmations, and any number of other items around my neck when I felt I needed some energy field oomph. You could get creative with this, whatever works to keep you on track. For example, you could keep with the theme above, and stuff the pendant vial thus:

Write an intention/spell on magical paper of your choice (parchment, etc.) that goes something like this:

What I say to you
comes out right.
What I shouldn't say
I don't recite.

I bind my words
when they will kill.
And speak my words
when they upbuild.

Open a tea bag, and using the herbs as spell ingredients, place a pinch in the center of the spell paper, saying:

Chillaxing herbs
you do your part to
soften my words and
soften my heart

Then fold and roll the spell paper up real tiny, and place it in the vial. Finally, take a medicine dropper and squeeze some honey into the vial, reciting something like:

Dearest __________________________,

Honey attracts
your love to me,
your understanding,
your sympathy.

And honey binds us
in a spirit of love
from earth below
to sky above.

Then seal up the vial, and wear it. Whenever you feel the evil gremlin arising, step aside somewhere, reach into your blouse, pull your pendant out, hold it, and take some, slow deep breaths. Close your eyes and focus on the air moving into and out of your nostrils. If you can remember any of the wording above, say them under your breath, or think them. If not, just focus on breathing. When you feel better, smile a gentle smile of gratitude, and mentally thank your helpers (the spell ingredients in the vial) for working hard for you. Thank your spirit family for being at your side through your trials. Then, tuck the vial back into your blouse, and go about your day.

If you're not wanting a pendant, you could use all of the above ingredients, and recite the above spells, to make a honey jar, instead. Honey jars are a type of hoodoo spell to attract things to you, or "sweeten" situations, peoples' opinions of you, etc. The honey jar could be stored on your altar, or on your dresser or nightstand, if you don't have an altar. Use a clean, small baby food jar, or a similar jar. You could attach a candle on the lid of the jar and let it burn, or put a tea light on it, whatever.

So there you have it, a full Soften My Heart Magical Ensemble at your disposal, haha. Customize any of this to your liking, it was just a rough idea, a template. Ask questions you may have on any of this. Hope something of it helps in some way.

Good luck with everything.

Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

May I just briefly say that I read that "Creating Goodwill within Me Bath" as "creating Goodwill within me," as in the store, which came up with some very amusing images XD

I personally would probably create a crystal pendant of some kind, if we're going with the have-it-with-you method (which I think is a good idea), but then, I'm particularly prone to working with crystals. For that, I would use maybe rose quartz, which is not only quite common and usually pretty cheap, but also tied to emotions, love of all kinds, and bringing in positive energy/feelings.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Silversong wrote:May I just briefly say that I read that "Creating Goodwill within Me Bath" as "creating Goodwill within me," as in the store, which came up with some very amusing images XD
Hahaha
Silversong wrote:I would use maybe rose quartz, which is not only quite common and usually pretty cheap, but also tied to emotions, love of all kinds, and bringing in positive energy/feelings.
Good choice.

astrowitch

Post by astrowitch »

Thank you both for your advice. I have apologized to him, but as I do, things keep happening sadly. But I will definitely do what I can with these spells! Thank you very much!
Becks

Post by Becks »

This actually sounds complicated. I respect that you don't wish to share the specifics. I can't perform a spell myself if I don't know what is the "bedrock" of a matter. Have you been able to really get to the heart of what's going on? Sometimes, for me, when things keep happening that I don't want to...it means I haven't really let in or admitted to myself what is at the centre of the dynamic. When I do let that in and acknowledge it-I am less likely to keep doing something that I don't want to....in this case maybe it is your "hardened heart" as you say. I doubt you have a hard heart. Rather there is a reason you are building a wall. I would examine the reasons why we are sometimes "short" with people. I think the answer might be there. All the best to you. Clearly this is important.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

I might be wrong but there is no spell to do that, you have to find what it is that causes you to be irritated so easily, when you spot it, try to resolve it. Some stuff have to be done the mundane way :/
What Goes Around,Comes Around!

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”