Need a spell to banish my anxiety

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Binglian

Need a spell to banish my anxiety

Post by Binglian »

Hi, I've been suffering from Social anxiety. I am also not very confident as you can tell. I have been trying really hard to change my self and improve myself for many months now. However, it is just not working. No matter how hard I try, my improvements seems very little if no improvements are seen at all. Now I am trying to find a job, but I have no luck. I am very desperate for a job, but at the same time, I am afraid to find a job. It's just really hard for me. I am trying to force myself to do everything that I am uncomfortable with, such as go out and talk to strangers and not staying home. But I am just so scared of people! :(

I know Magick isn't suppose to do everything, but I just want some support and confidence to guide me through my social anxiety.

If anyone has any ideas or spells to help me banish my social anxiety or give me more confidence, I would be really happy to hear about them.

Thank you
Vesca

Re: Need a spell to banish my anxiety

Post by Vesca »

I want to come back to this later in the week when I have more brain functioning available, but for right now can I ask what steps you've already taken or looked into to start addressing your anxiety?

Have you found anything that does work in that list? Anything that absolutely doesn't?

Have you ever mentioned it to your doctor or another professional?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Binglian, firstly thank you for trusting the members of this board and sharing this side of your life with us, opening up so courageously. And secondly, as far as the magic goes, I suggest trying a different vantage point in dealing with this issue...rather than focusing on what you don't want in your life, focus instead on what you do want, and even already have within, but need to augment. So, for example, rather than banishing anxiety (which to me, ironically gives anxiety even more attention in your consciousness), place your magical focus on all your good qualities and cultivating a growing self-appreciation and love. Basically, do a "self-love spell" on yourself.

I am sorry you are experiencing such anxiety. I just want to say what a neat person you seem to be, and how much I enjoy your posts on this board! You ask a lot of sincere questions, are very inquisitive, and the direction you go in always sparks and inspires interesting responses from other members. I, for one, appreciate you, and I hope you grow to appreciate yourself, too! I bet you bring a lot of magic to people around you in your life, but you probably just don't even realize you do. :wink:

Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Hi Vesca and Kassandra, thank you guys for your nice replies! I never expect anyone to remember me on this forum since I wasn't that involved. It is just so nice of you to say something like that. This is such a warm and nice community to be involved with. I feel people in this forum are so friendly and enthusiastic! And Kassandra and Vesca, I really appreciate you too for your numerals helps on this site. It feel so nice to be supported, and I well definitely give my best to share my ideas with others and help others in the future! :D

The step I address my anxiety is not very professional or special. I just basically forced myself to do stuff I don't feel comfortable with doing, like talking to strangers, or try to talk in a very loud voice ( my voice is very little). Or basically just doing everything that's not staying at home. I find that my mind is usually filled with things that scares me, and I will constantly think about it, and unable to let it go. That would be my main cause of anxiety. I would just think it about it, and it scares me, and continues to think about it until I wasn't able to do the stuff I need to do. That's also a reason why it is so difficult for me to meditate, because I can't go to a "blank state".

I went to the doctor before to prescribe some drugs for my shaking. I will start to shake when I become really anxious, and the shaking would make me even more anxious, and the drugs actually helps with my shakiness, which would made me feel a lot better, but it doesn't cure the anxiety. I'm more into self healing for anxiety, but not medication because I feels anxiety medication just mask the symptoms, but doesn't cure the problems. Once you stop taking them, the same situations will still scares you, and sometimes frightens you even more. You will still have to overcome the problem you self. However, my school therapist cost $50 for each visit. It is really expensive for me right now, and I can only go there occasionally. :(

I do think that think about other stuff works for a while. I feel like I do have some confidence, but not enough confidence. Sometimes, I feel I'm invincible. Is like I can do anything tomorrow, and I'm not scared of any human! :D But then the next morning, I suddenly loose my courage, and I feel like "people are so scary!" I feel like I'm not strong enough to overcome my anxiety sometimes. That's why I wish if there would be a spell or ritual, or anything that could just remind me the courage I have, or helps me to increase my confidence a little bit more.

That self love spell seems really attractive. Maybe it can boost my confidence level.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

:oops: Aww thanks. :oops:

Medication is generally supposed to be used in addition to therapy to allow you (guided by a therapist or other professional) to investigate the causes of your anxiety and/or develop tools you can use to cope and change the way you perceive those situations that trigger your anxiety.

I don't recommend doing that kind of inner work without a safe place and a safe person to help you through it (because on your own you can get lost in it and end up in a worse position than when you started). So if, in the future when you have more resources available to you, you can sit down and work something out with your counselor/therapist on how to start doing that kind of work, I think it would be very beneficial for you in the long term.

For now, anything that helps you boost your self esteem, confidence, and calm levels is going to help. Some crystals can attract calmness or help you ground yourself (I have hematite). Even worry stones can have their place. Basically, the idea is to have something solid and tangible you can touch or bring to mind whenever you start to feel anxious that helps to bring you back into a calm and grounded state.

Talismans may be something you want to look into just for that purpose (ie. you give it the purpose of grounding you from external triggers).

Aromatherapy helps me a lot. Now, just the act of lighting my oil infuser or a candle has the same effect that in the earlier years I could only get with specific scents (usually vanilla).

It's extremely helpful to build a personal routine to address your anxiety. You need to start doing it in times when you're already relaxed and calm and after awhile you'll be able to use those same routines during times of stress to remind you of that calmness. Basically it's self-conditioning to bring about the desired emotional state by the use of external cues.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Thank you Vesca, I do agree that I definitely need a therapist/psychologist to first guide me through my problems. Sometimes, it is not that safe when I solve the problems on my own, because if it went wrong, then I would definitely loose my courage, and fall deeper into my anxiety. I will try and go to my school counselor and see what would she recommend.

I try the routine before, but it just doesn't work for me as I am still stressing out. But then after reading your description, I might actually doing it wrong. I started my routine when I was already anxious, that probably just bring anxiety to everything. I will keep that in mind, and perform the routine when I'm calm. :)

I do like the idea of worry stones and tailsmans. Since we don't use scent that much, I find taking a solid objects probably would calm me more. Do you mind explaining to me how a worry stones and the tailsmans can be made?

Thank you so much for your replies! :D
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Worry stones are generally just a flat stone you can keep in your pocket that you can hold in your hand and rub with your thumb when you're feeling anxious. It's kind of an equivalent to "executive" stress balls for people who have high stress levels.

Talismans are a little less simple and the method for making them will vary depending on which resource you go to. It is probably worth the time to do a little bit of reading up on various methods and see which one will work the best for you.

The short and sweet version is you choose an object, usually one you can wear or hang somewhere in your home where you'll see it often, and run it through a purification process to remove any previous energies and then carry out a ritual to give it a new life with a new (and specific) purpose.

You can create your own ritual with your own pantheon/elements/etc... There are probably thousands of different ways to go about it.
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Thank you! I recently bought a rose quartz. I heard it is very good for confident and self love. I think it would be a great idea for me to use it as a worry stone, or even incorporate it in my ritual or talisman.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Selenite. I looove it when I'm feeling a bit nervous. I have a selenite wand I use it to cleanse myself. Start at the top of my head and do a sweep like when you smudge. ...

Also. You MUST work on your fear of change. Change is a necessity for living. You are a BEAUTIFUL soul and you must know your worth. Nothing good comes of stagnancy. *. Hugs*
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Aww, thank you mrsdavid1975. I will try my best to change myself. Others had commented on the same problems since I hate changes. But I do understand that it is essential in life. And nothing can stay the same, unless you are a 1000 years old trees. :flyingwitch:

I actuall never heard of selenite. I just learned they are also called desert rose. They are beautiful. Thanks for the idea.
Becks

Post by Becks »

:wink: I too have been rigid and afraid in the past. (I love the suggestion of selenite for this-well done.)
Binglan, sadly even 1000 year old trees change! I know, I've talked to a few. They may stay in the same place, but branches and colonies of insects change, the forest changes around them completely. The Western Red Cedar in its old age becomes hollow. It's centre begins to rot away and it lives in its outside portion, thick buttresses form around the outer ring and even the branches change shape. This great hollowing makes perfect sacred and dry homes for animals including bats! It's unreal.
I think the lesson these old ones give us is that we can adapt to the change but make sure your roots/foundation is strong.

You are greater than you think and so capable of anything! Maybe the tree wants to show you and guide you? My thoughts are with you-take good care!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

Binglian,
Affirmations in the morning and at night; try easy ones
first like : I am beautiful, I am strong, I can do this.
A few times in front of a mirror and the same at night.
Try this for a week and see how you feel, okay ?
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Binglian

Post by Binglian »

Thank you Becks! I didn't even notice how a tree could change like that. I guess that a person's inner self always changed, but you could have the choice to be change for the better or for the worse. :)

And thanks for the idea MsMollimizz, I will definitely try your method!
King of hearts

Post by King of hearts »

I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder at age 13. What helped me the most was lighting a candle and finding a deity to help. It gave me so much confidence. I really felt like I could do anything and I started walking with my head held high. If finding help like that doesn't work you could simply get a wingman and learn from him.
Pxthology

Post by Pxthology »

I'm still in "wiccan-in-training" mode, so I cannot offer much in the terms of spells or magick, but I do suffer from severe Panic Disorder. I have no triggers for panic/anxiety attacks. Basically my fight-or-flight mechanism is broken. After about a year with my psychiatrist and going through medicine after medicine, I finally found one that works for me about 6 months ago. Everyone's brain chemistry is different, so unfortunately its a lot of trial and error, and its not a fun process, but don't give up. After years of feeling hopeless, I have now not had 1 single anxiety attack in half a year.

I'm not saying magick isn't the answer and that medicine is. What I am saying is to stay strong and don't give up...it WILL get better once you figure out what works. Be it the Goddess, God, spells, magick, or human aid via therapy or medicine...it will get better.

Stay strong.
Blessed Be.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”